Re: Need new sound card?

  • bxyza
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2013
      Gary,

      I use the iMic USB sound card on my XP machine, both ports work fine in XP. The Windows 7 32 Bit PC I have works with the iMic stereo Mic from the Softrock to the Microphone in but not stereo speakers out. I only paid $20.00 on Flea Bay for it and seems to work well.
      73
      KD8IGK
      Bill

      --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "kc9ee" <kc9ee@...> wrote:

      > My onboard RealTek soundcard just died in my Toshiba Windows Vista laptop.
      >
      > Please,any suggestions on a USB soundcard that will work on Vista?
      >
      > Using an Ensemble RXTX
      >
      > Gary
      > KC9EE

    • John Williams
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2013
        Creative has the refurbed Soundblaster XFi 5.1 pro on their web site for $34.99 with free shipping. I bought one and am very happy with it on WinXP.

        John - ke5ssh

        --

        John Williams

        KE5SSH - ham since 2007
        WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 8, 2013
          Please note: That in order to transmit and receive/TX external
          audio "mike/SPKR" either 2 sound cards are needed or a 4in 4 out
          card. If the internal card has died then you will need to add 4 inputs and 4 outputs for full operation. It is also very
          advantageous to have a "supported" card if you are to use
          PSDR IQ since only then will all of the available assets of
          PSDR be available. Also "sound cards" used though windoze use
          a lot of CPU. When 2 are used this is compounded. Also some
          cards WILL have driver conflicts when more than one are used.
          That being said: the XFi SB is a good card for one in one out.
          Though it has 96KHz it also has a LPF which limits it somewhat.
          I have two versions of USB and a PCI XFi pro here (PCI unused)
          all available for $10.00 + post. Also I have about 12 other
          one in one out PCI cards that are to go into the trash.
          Best Regards to all 73 VK5ZAG