Re: Calibration of PowerSDR for Softrock RxTx ?

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2013
      Joel,
      Christos is all too modest concerning "supported" cards
      to be used for PSDR-IQ. His USB2SDR is fully a supported card.
      It has better latency that either the D-44 or the FA-66.
      and has noise figures similar to the FA-66 the best of the two.
      I have all three to play with. Also it has inputs for
      keying and can control the Sis570, in a softrock, meaning
      that only one connection to the computer is needed.
      Multiple connects to the PC are problematical for PC noise
      and RF feedback loops. The only problem, if indeed it is one,
      is the 0.5V output limit and this can be corrected with a simple
      amplifier when rarely needed. Further an add on board soon
      to be available will give this purpose designed card a, better
      still, superlative noise performance for those who require it.
      Regards 73 Eric VK5ZAG
      SR6.3/MoBo4.3/USB2SDR/400W.P.A./All HF bands all modes.