Re: Calibration of PowerSDR for Softrock RxTx ?

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2013
      Hi Joel,

      Since you go into Tx, be ready to have a supported audio card.
      There are many that do not go this way but they miss a lot and most likely could be generating Tx signals that are non-FCC compliant with spurious and images.
      So, get a D-44 or a FA-66 if you want Tx and read the documentation manual of PowerSDR in the links section of the group.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2013
        Joel,
        Christos is all too modest concerning "supported" cards
        to be used for PSDR-IQ. His USB2SDR is fully a supported card.
        It has better latency that either the D-44 or the FA-66.
        and has noise figures similar to the FA-66 the best of the two.
        I have all three to play with. Also it has inputs for
        keying and can control the Sis570, in a softrock, meaning
        that only one connection to the computer is needed.
        Multiple connects to the PC are problematical for PC noise
        and RF feedback loops. The only problem, if indeed it is one,
        is the 0.5V output limit and this can be corrected with a simple
        amplifier when rarely needed. Further an add on board soon
        to be available will give this purpose designed card a, better
        still, superlative noise performance for those who require it.
        Regards 73 Eric VK5ZAG
        SR6.3/MoBo4.3/USB2SDR/400W.P.A./All HF bands all modes.