Re: Softrock TXTX 6.2 & QPR2000 si570 USB

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 10, 2013
      Stuart,

      There are about a ..zillion cards out there,
      so dont expect from me to be any more of assistance on that.
      Others can help if they want and have a simimlar setup as yours here.

      As you;ve read though on the installation document, what is working ok is the Edirol FA66 and the M-Audio D44, where detailed instructions exist for their setup.

      Also for all operation dials, have a look at the PowerSDR manual in the links section here
      -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersdr-iq/links

      --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "s_t_marsh" wrote:

      > Hi Christos,
      >
      > Thank you for your prompt reply.
      >
      > A quick question. I can set the receive IQ channel and the laptop speaker for receive but how do I tell PSDR I want to use the output channel on my USB sound blaster card for transmit? The receive and transmit boxes on the audio tab in settings are greyed out.
      >
      > Also, what is the mixer channel for?
      >
      > Thank you for your help.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Stuart
      >
      > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "sv1eia" wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > Here is the latest version (2.4.4) of PowerSDR for homebrew rigs
      > >
      > > -> http://code.google.com/p/powersdr-iq/downloads/detail?name=PowerSDRv2.4.4_for_Homemade_Rigs.zip
      > >
      > > Inside the archive, included, is a pdf document with instructions.
      > > Follow them EXACTLY and you will have what you want.

      > > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "s_t_marsh" wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi,
      > > >
      > > > I've recently got an old Softrock RXTX 6.2 working. I have added a USB connected si570 local oscillator with CW inputs. In HDSDR I use CFGSR program to communicate with the si570 oscillator.
      > > >
      > > > Which version of PowerSDR-IQ will work with my setup for transmitting?
      > > >
      > > > Do I need a special DLL to make things work?
      > > >
      > > > Will the CW paddle inputs be seen by the software over the USB interface and key the softrock or do I have to use COM port/parallel port connections? If the latter, will the USB si570 LO still work?
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for any help or advice.
      > > >
      > > > Regards,
      > > >
      > > > Stuart

    • s_t_marsh
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 10, 2013
        Hi Christos,

        Thank you, I now understand VAC!

        I get audio, but my USB si570 frequency control is not working. It works in HDSDR so I know it should work. Yes, I have checked the USB Adapter is checked in settings menu. When starting PSDR and re-selecting this check box PSDR finds my USB controller every time. However, it refuses to change frequency in PSDSR. Any ideas?

        Thanks,