Softrock TXTX 6.2 & QPR2000 si570 USB

  • s_t_marsh
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2013
      Hi,

      I've recently got an old Softrock RXTX 6.2 working. I have added a USB connected si570 local oscillator with CW inputs. In HDSDR I use CFGSR program to communicate with the si570 oscillator.

      Which version of PowerSDR-IQ will work with my setup for transmitting?

      Do I need a special DLL to make things work?

      Will the CW paddle inputs be seen by the software over the USB interface and key the softrock or do I have to use COM port/parallel port connections? If the latter, will the USB si570 LO still work?

      Thanks for any help or advice.

      Regards,

      Stuart
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2013
        Hi,

        Here is the latest version (2.4.4) of PowerSDR for homebrew rigs

        -> http://code.google.com/p/powersdr-iq/downloads/detail?name=PowerSDRv2.4.4_for_Homemade_Rigs.zip

        Inside the archive, included, is a pdf document with instructions.
        Follow them EXACTLY and you will have what you want.

        --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "s_t_marsh" wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I've recently got an old Softrock RXTX 6.2 working. I have added a USB connected si570 local oscillator with CW inputs. In HDSDR I use CFGSR program to communicate with the si570 oscillator.
        >
        > Which version of PowerSDR-IQ will work with my setup for transmitting?
        >
        > Do I need a special DLL to make things work?
        >
        > Will the CW paddle inputs be seen by the software over the USB interface and key the softrock or do I have to use COM port/parallel port connections? If the latter, will the USB si570 LO still work?
        >
        > Thanks for any help or advice.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Stuart

      • s_t_marsh
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 10, 2013
          Hi Christos,

          Thank you for your prompt reply.

          A quick question. I can set the receive IQ channel and the laptop speaker for receive but how do I tell PSDR I want to use the output channel on my USB sound blaster card for transmit? The receive and transmit boxes on the audio tab in settings are greyed out.

          Also, what is the mixer channel for?

          Thank you for your help.

          Regards,

          Stuart

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 10, 2013
            Stuart,

            There are about a ..zillion cards out there,
            so dont expect from me to be any more of assistance on that.
            Others can help if they want and have a simimlar setup as yours here.

            As you;ve read though on the installation document, what is working ok is the Edirol FA66 and the M-Audio D44, where detailed instructions exist for their setup.

            Also for all operation dials, have a look at the PowerSDR manual in the links section here
            -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersdr-iq/links

            --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "s_t_marsh" wrote:

            > Hi Christos,
            >
            > Thank you for your prompt reply.
            >
            > A quick question. I can set the receive IQ channel and the laptop speaker for receive but how do I tell PSDR I want to use the output channel on my USB sound blaster card for transmit? The receive and transmit boxes on the audio tab in settings are greyed out.
            >
            > Also, what is the mixer channel for?
            >
            > Thank you for your help.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Stuart
            >
            > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "sv1eia" wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > Here is the latest version (2.4.4) of PowerSDR for homebrew rigs
            > >
            > > -> http://code.google.com/p/powersdr-iq/downloads/detail?name=PowerSDRv2.4.4_for_Homemade_Rigs.zip
            > >
            > > Inside the archive, included, is a pdf document with instructions.
            > > Follow them EXACTLY and you will have what you want.

            > > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "s_t_marsh" wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi,
            > > >
            > > > I've recently got an old Softrock RXTX 6.2 working. I have added a USB connected si570 local oscillator with CW inputs. In HDSDR I use CFGSR program to communicate with the si570 oscillator.
            > > >
            > > > Which version of PowerSDR-IQ will work with my setup for transmitting?
            > > >
            > > > Do I need a special DLL to make things work?
            > > >
            > > > Will the CW paddle inputs be seen by the software over the USB interface and key the softrock or do I have to use COM port/parallel port connections? If the latter, will the USB si570 LO still work?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks for any help or advice.
            > > >
            > > > Regards,
            > > >
            > > > Stuart

          • s_t_marsh
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 10, 2013
              Hi Christos,

              Thank you, I now understand VAC!

              I get audio, but my USB si570 frequency control is not working. It works in HDSDR so I know it should work. Yes, I have checked the USB Adapter is checked in settings menu. When starting PSDR and re-selecting this check box PSDR finds my USB controller every time. However, it refuses to change frequency in PSDSR. Any ideas?

              Thanks,