Re: [powersdr-iq] SAQ 17.2KHz 24-12-2012 reception

  • Peter Johnson
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 26, 2012
      That is a very nice setup you have there.
      Thank you for sharing it with us.

      Regards Peter F1VKK

      On 25/12/2012 19:50, SW1IXP wrote:
      > A successful reception of SAQ's transmission in Grimeton at 24-12-2012 has been made in Athens, Greece. A 5 meter vertical wire was used as the antenna , feeding a VLF upconverter. The upconverter's output was then fed to an SDR (built around the UHFSDR and USB2SDR boards). The XVTR capabilities in PowerSDR were used so as to display the correct frequency.
      > Homebrew SDR info: https://rapidshare.com/files/1156263032/My%20SDR.pdf
      > Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnAI1H0s6gU
      >
      > 73 de SV1IXP

    • russ_ka1ruw
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 26, 2012
        Hi Kostas

        Two words:

        Outstanding/Inspirational

        73
        Russ, ka1ruw

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 28, 2012
          Excellent work!
          One could have input direct to a "sound card" through a band pass filter
          I have uploaded a photo of the Alexanderson Alternator used
          for these transmissions. It can be found in the Photos section.
          See
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimeton_VLF_transmitter

          Best Regards 73 Eric VK5ZAG