PowerSDR as DSP for ICOM 735

  • wfahle
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2012
      Hello all, I have just acquired an old IC-735 from a hamfest. It has no dsp, nor does it have the narrow CW filter installed. The built-in selectivity is from 2.3k down to 800hz. I believe this is in each direction. I have built a softrock txrx ensemble, but I find its 1 watt insufficient to send, but of course its selectivity is phenomenal, and I can run digital modes, etc.

      So, what I would like to do ideally is use the softrock and the ICOM together to receive and transmit, respectively. Alternately, I would like to simply use PowerSDR as a DSP on the ICOM's audio output (I don't have access to the IF or I/Q without a mod), and leave out the softrock altogether. Any ideas on how to accomplish either task? Thanks.
    • bxyza
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 14, 2012
        I would also be interested in an answer on this subject since it appears there is very limited capabilities and added circuits to tap into the ICOM IF section also.

        I am not certain if the receive antenna for the SoftRock being so close to the transmit antenna would have a bad affect on the SoftRock receiver but it would be good to understand the risks.
        73,
        KD8IGK