EM-U 0202 problems

  • wa9cgz
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6 7:23 AM
      Has anyone on list had any success using the E-MU 0202 in transmit?
      I've tried many combination of using the card alone or with VAC always
      with problems. I purchased the 0202 to use the 192khz function with WB6DHW's UHF SDR project and additionally with Spectrum Lab for coverage to 100khz.
      Early on when using the 0202 card on receive with Rocky to look at I/Q balance I noticed poor results compared to a Sound Blaster Live 24. After looking at the specifications it appears that the input Z
      is 1meg when using the 1/4inch phone inputs since I use audio transformers for ground loop noise reduction and the like looking into 10k input Z so I addeda 10k resistor in parallel with each input now the 0202 behaves the same way as the SB live 24.
      I'm a long time user of PowerSDR 12.20 along with a Delta 44 card and I realize that the Delta is a supported card but I would like to leave if permanently assigned to my Flex clone if possible.
      So if you have a Setup that uses the 0202 and will transmit please post or let me know.

      Thanks Joe wa9cgz