Cant get mic to modulate

  • Philip
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4 6:57 AM
      Really puzzled by this...

      I have a working Ensemble TXRX with a Delta 44 sound card.
      This setup works with HDSDR in both TX and RX but I'm struggling to
      get the identical setup to work with Christos SV1EIA's PSDR-IQ v1.19.3.15

      The RX is fine and I can put out a carrier by clicking the TUNE button.
      However, I can't get the mic to produce any modulation.
      There is no flicker on the meter (top right corner) which is set to
      monitor mic level.

      The meter in the Delta 44 monitor panel flickers with voice so I know
      the mic is working fine (it does work on HDSDR)...

      I've got the PSDR console mic slider set to 75%....
      Mic boost is selected but either way, no modulation
      Initial setup was using the wizard and it set the audio to ASIO Delta 44
      Delta44 sockets used:-
      OUT 3/4 TX audio to TXRX....IN 1/2 RX audio from TXRX...IN 3/4 mono mic

      So, to recap, RX works, carrier is produced using TUNE button but no
      mic modulation on any mode....

      Im doing something silly...any help appreciated

      Regards
      Philip G4JVF
    • Geoff Suggate
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4 10:08 AM
        Hello Philip

        If you have a MOX button on that version of PSDR try using that instead of Tune

        Geoff G3NPI

        Sent from Geoff's iPod

        On 4 Jun 2012, at 14:57, "Philip" <pcteee@...> wrote:

[...]

        =
      • Philip
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4 10:33 AM
          Thanks for the reply Geoff

          I seem to have got it working...

          As I suspected it's a sorry tale of self inflicted pain...

          The VAC button bottom right of centre was selected.
          Deselecting that gave me back mic modulation..
          However, I then lost RX audio so had a good think..

          Anyhoo, historicaly, I've used the Delta44 for IQ signals but listened to the RX
          on my PC main sound card...
          So, I attached an audio amp to the remaining two Delta44 output pins and the RX
          sound stays on now, even with the VAC button disabled...

          It seems everything is now working as it should be and I hold my hands
          up to it all being user error...

          Now to get the CW to work...

          Many many thanks Bob G8VOIP who accurately sussed the problem

          --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Suggate <g.suggate@...> wrote:

          > Hello Philip
          >
          > If you have a MOX button on that version of PSDR try using that instead of Tune
          >
          > Geoff G3NPI
          >
          > Sent from Geoff's iPod
          >
          > On 4 Jun 2012, at 14:57, "Philip" <pcteee@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Really puzzled by this...
          > >
          > > I have a working Ensemble TXRX with a Delta 44 sound card.
          > > This setup works with HDSDR in both TX and RX but I'm struggling to
          > > get the identical setup to work with Christos SV1EIA's PSDR-IQ v1.19.3.15
          > >
          > > The RX is fine and I can put out a carrier by clicking the TUNE button.
          > > However, I can't get the mic to produce any modulation.
          > > There is no flicker on the meter (top right corner) which is set to
          > > monitor mic level.
          > >
          > > The meter in the Delta 44 monitor panel flickers with voice so I know
          > > the mic is working fine (it does work on HDSDR)...
          > >
          > > I've got the PSDR console mic slider set to 75%....
          > > Mic boost is selected but either way, no modulation
          > > Initial setup was using the wizard and it set the audio to ASIO Delta 44
          > > Delta44 sockets used:-
          > > OUT 3/4 TX audio to TXRX....IN 1/2 RX audio from TXRX...IN 3/4 mono mic
          > >
          > > So, to recap, RX works, carrier is produced using TUNE button but no
          > > mic modulation on any mode....
          > >
          > > Im doing something silly...any help appreciated
          > >
          > > Regards
          > > Philip G4JVF

        • Geoff Suggate
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4 11:28 AM
            Glad its sorted Philip. I will be pleased to hear how you get CW to work. I have tried and failed via the RS232 port
            73. Geoff

            Sent from Geoff's iPod

            =