Re: [powersdr-iq] Re: Muting PowerSDR from CAT port command?

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2012
      What I did here was to use the open frame relay on a Dow-Key to open the connection from my audio mixer before it goes to my speakers.  You could do the same with an inline relay on the audio out to your computer speakers.

      What's handy with that setup is that I can TX and listen to my actual over the air audio to adjust things with headphones.

      You may need a variable timer depending on the latency or you will get a 'squelch crash' with the latency if it opens too fast.

      On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 5:36 PM, applewiz2000 <rob.m0rzf@...> wrote:

      Yes you are right Bob,
      I misunderstood the original question!

      There may be a way to mute PSDR at the same time as the external rig, by sending it into Tx using the RTS line of a COM port. But that would be more complicated than just using a relay as you say.

      FWIW I always felt the RxTx switching should have been on a definable key in PSDR. So I killed 2 birds with one stone.

      ~Rob

      --
      73  de Chris -- KC2RGW
      KC2RGW@W2LI.#NNJ.NJ.USA.NOAM