Re: [powersdr-iq] Re: Delta 44 with softrock 6.1

  • Don Vosper
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 15, 2011
      Owen,
      Thanks for the link. For some reason I couldn't open that one earlier.
      Looking at old postings re the Delta 44 I see that it doesn't have an internal pre-amp for the computer mic so I need to sort out a mic pre-amp.
      Never occurred to me that a soundcard might not have a mic input.
      Don m5aky
    • cbayona
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 15, 2011
        Not needed, the card was used without a pre-amp on the Flex radios.
        and SoftRocks

        --
        Cecil
        k5nwa

      • owen1936
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 15, 2011
          That's right - no external preamp required. There's plenty of gain in the mic channel. Just connect your dynamic mic to the "Mic In" connector on Tony's interface board. (Electrets won't work since they require a bias voltage).

          Owen

          --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, cbayona <CBayona@...> wrote:

          > Not needed, the card was used without a pre-amp on the Flex radios.
          > and SoftRocks
          >
          > At 01:25 PM 12/15/2011, you wrote:
          >

          > >Owen,
          > >Thanks for the link. For some reason I couldn't open that one earlier.
          > >Looking at old postings re the Delta 44 I see that it doesn't have
          > >an internal pre-amp for the computer mic so I need to sort out a mic pre-amp.
          > >Never occurred to me that a soundcard might not have a mic input.
          > >Don m5aky
          > >

          > --
          > Cecil
          > k5nwa
          > http://www.softrockradio.org/
          > http://thepartsplace.k5nwa.com/
          > http://parts.softrockradio.org/
          >
          > Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

        • Preston Douglas
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 16, 2011
            Yes, but!  If you are using an electret mike, there is no voltage on the Delta44.  Larry W9AMR turned me on to this and suggested a 9V battery and a couple of five cent parts to fix the problem.  Works very well.

            Preston Douglas WJ2V

            --
            Cecil
            k5nwa
            http://www.softrockradio.org/
            http://thepartsplace.k5nwa.com/
            http://parts.softrockradio.org/

          • jbboater
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 17, 2011
              Do you have a schematic or link to the 9 volt battery and a couple of five cent parts?