60 meter channels in US

  • wa9cgz
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2011
      AChirstos,

      Any plans to modify software to reflect the 60 meter channel changes being made in the USA soon?

      Thanks Joe wa9cgz
    • Steen N.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2011
        I have used a very simple work around for this issue:
        In the XVTR menu just make a "transverter" with no conversion covering the 60m band. Here in OZ with special permission we are lucky to have the whole band from 5.250 - 5.450 so the parameters for the xvtr is:

        - UCB aadress: 0,
        - Button Text: 60m,
        - LO offset: 0.0,
        - LO error: 0.000,
        - Begin frq: 5.250,
        - End frq: 5.450,

        - I gues You can make single chennels by defining each channel as a XVTR limited to a sigle frequency by the begin and end frqs.

        vy 73 de OZ5N, Steen

        --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "wa9cgz" <joeprice@...> wrote:

        > AChirstos,
        >
        > Any plans to modify software to reflect the 60 meter channel changes being made in the USA soon?
        >
        > Thanks Joe wa9cgz

      • alpg49
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 19, 2012
          For version 1.19.3.15, Hit menu item Setup, then "Import Database" button at the bottom of the setup window. It'll bring you to the current xml file. Good. Now you know where it is on your PC.

          Stop & Close PowerSDR.

          Find the database xml file, edit it, and look for 3 instances (there may have been more) of the "old" Channel 3 frequency and change them all to the new one: 5.3570 (MHz). Then restart PowerSDR.

          See you there. BTW, are any of the 5 channels favored for digital work? It would be kinda slick if one of them became designated digital calling freq, leaving the rest for SSB.