Re: PSDR-IQ COM port TX/RX switching

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 12, 2011
      Mart,

      When you say constant Tx, what exactly do you mean?
      Tx operation on PowerSDR-IQ AND the rig, or is it
      PowerSDR-IQ in Rx whereas the rig stays in Tx ?

      If it is the first, then this situation probably comes from a wiring issue in the COM, you send PTT to PowerSDR-IQ via the COM.

      If it is the later, then you need to see on the COM: port you use, which line is used for Tx.

      You can consult with the links section here in the group
      -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersdr-iq/links
      where you can find the PowerSDR manual describing the COM lines and settings for PTT.

      --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "mardikas15" <mardikas15@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Christos
      >
      > Thank you for reply. I read this page too while diggimg through internet. I have LPT address box empty but still constant TX.
      >
      > I tried also Genesis GSDR software. There they have specal setting in menu for COM port where G40 for example is connected. I can TX/RX normally with it. But if i leave this port setting empty and play around only with keyer, CAT PTT settings then also constant TX.
      >
      > 73, Mart
      >
      > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "sv1eia" <sv1eia@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Mart,
      > >
      > > I hope this can be of use to you.
      > > -> http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble/psdriq.htm
      > > I guess its the LPT setting

      > > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "mardikas15" <mardikas15@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi,
      > > >
      > > > I have homemade SDR trx AVALA-01 (G3020) and have problem with PowerSDR-IQ v1.19.3.15 tx/rx switching. Right after i choose COM2 in DSP->keyer or CAT->PTT control tab the trx will go to transmit.
      > > > On screen MOX button is inactive and software isn't transmitting. If i measure pins on trx board then DTR and RTS are HIGH, others zero. No other related software is running.
      > > >
      > > > Currently using 1.9.0sr40 and no such problem. OS is Win7 Pro 32-bit.
      > > >
      > > > Any suggestions?
      > > >
      > > > 73, Mart

    • mardikas15
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 12, 2011
        Hi,

        It is the second situation. Right after i choose COM2 for keyer input, my rig goes to TX but PowerSDR remains on RX. I use RTS (DB9 pin 7) for TX/RX switching (so does softrock).

        I will check my XP installation if it acts same or not.

        73, Mart ES2MA