Welcome

  • Christos Nikolaou
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 14, 2008
      Dear All,

      Welcome to PowerSDR-IQ group!

    • Sergey Kuzmin
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 14, 2008
        Hi Christos

        Good idea for good software!

        73
        Serge

        > Dear All,
        >
        > Welcome to PowerSDR-IQ group!

      • Don
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2010
          Thanks Christos,

          I know lots of fft takes place in SDR. What do you think the minimum computer hardware would work? Like CPU speed and RAM? Is XP still OK to use, or is Windows 7 working out to be better?

          Don...W6RWN

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2010
            Hi Don,

            Regarding PC specs, the more the merrier.
            Regarding PSDR-IQ version, 1.12.x runs on XP whereas 1.19.x on Vista/W7.

            Minimalistic configurations down to netbook has also been found to work, there is a document in the files section created from 4Z4TJ/VA6TJ named 'Minimalistic SDR.pdf' that shows how he did it.

            Also, on another note, DSP functions do require CPU and there are quite a few ways to balance properly the overall performance, eg. if you want CW you can 'narrow down' some buffers and sampling rate to have better results, there are some info that show this and other stuf on the Links section of the group.

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2010
              Hi Christos,

              I'm surprised the Mike In is stereo on Minimalistic SDR.pdf'. So many laptops are not, and I think none have Line In. I have one of the first EEE machines from ASUS, the little 7 incher with Xandros OS. For a while, I did put on XP SP2, but now back to original. It still works neato! But, I should look into the newer ones and check out Stereo Mike In. (We need PSDR on Ubuntu!)

              Thanks, Don