USB2SDR

  • PETER
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 4, 2011
      Last week I had my first CW QSO using the USB2SDR sound card in conjunction with my 30/20/17M Softrock Ensemble and PowerSDR V2. It was a real pleasure to use. Absolutely no latency problems and break-in was just fine. Thanks Christos for a fine piece of kit.
      Peter G3JRH
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 4, 2011
        Hi Peter,

        Nice to see that USB2SDR is up to your expectations.
        Other reports are also indicating this very good CW performance.

        Yes, CW is indeed very fast compared to other systems and setups used before.
        The latency was always an issue in the past with other cards and setups, but now it seems that we've managed to come to a good solution here with USB2SDR.

        I hope soon those that are CW enthusiasts and were feeling reluctant, now they will find their way with USB2SDR and enjoy good performance.

        --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "PETER" <petertheannex@...> wrote:

        > Last week I had my first CW QSO using the USB2SDR sound card in conjunction with my 30/20/17M Softrock Ensemble and PowerSDR V2. It was a real pleasure to use. Absolutely no latency problems and break-in was just fine. Thanks Christos for a fine piece of kit.
        > Peter G3JRH

      • Richard
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 12, 2011
          I am still trying to find out where, if at all the USB2SDR is sold?

          73
          Richard, KC8RP
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 12, 2011
            Hi Richard,

            Yes, USB2SDR is available right now.
            The cost is 195 Euro
            Info on the board can be seen here
            -> http://www.wb5rvz.com/usb2sdr/index.htm
            -> http://www.wb5rvz.com/usb2sdr/Installation.htm

            Performance measurements of homebrew rigs with the USB2SDR are in the
            powersdr-iq Yahoo! group files section together with user success stories
            -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersdr-iq/files/

            USB2SDR requires a specific PowerSDR-IQ version (and drivers)
            which is available here
            -> http://code.google.com/p/usb2sdr/downloads/list
            the preferred operating system is W7.

            Currently the USB2SDR has been succesfully operated on these homebrew rigs giving full RxTx capability, SoftRock(with USBtoI2C), Ensemble, UHFSDR, Lima-SDR, FA-SDR

            I hope the above give you a clear picture.

            If you are interested, PM me (sv1eia at gmail.com) for payment options or any additional information.

            --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <kc8rp@...> wrote:

            > I am still trying to find out where, if at all the USB2SDR is sold?
            >
            > 73
            > Richard, KC8RP

          • Clive
            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 31, 2011
              Hi Christos, you say that the preferred operating system is W7, how is it on XP?

              73 Clive GW0PPO

              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 31, 2011
                Clive,

                Microsoft is no longer having mainstream support for XP, it ended in 2009 and the product itself stopped being commercially available as XP SP3 in 2008.
                -> http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?LN=en-gb&C2=1173
                I know that there might be slow or not well configured XP systems that face trouble sustaining USB Highspeed.

                W7 is different in quite many ways internally to XP having better device control and acts in a more stable way.

                Now, regarding your question, based on a survey that I performed on the usage, there are at least ten users having XP and utilizing USB2SDR.
                On top of that, two users using a minimalistic Atom D510 with XP, and AFAIK it is ok.

                --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Clive" <clivejenner@...> wrote:

                > Hi Christos, you say that the preferred operating system is W7, how is it on XP?
                >
                > 73 Clive GW0PPO
                >
                > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "sv1eia" <sv1eia@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Richard,
                > >
                > > Yes, USB2SDR is available right now.
                > > The cost is 195 Euro
                > > Info on the board can be seen here
                > > -> http://www.wb5rvz.com/usb2sdr/index.htm
                > > -> http://www.wb5rvz.com/usb2sdr/Installation.htm
                > >
                > > Performance measurements of homebrew rigs with the USB2SDR are in the
                > > powersdr-iq Yahoo! group files section together with user success stories
                > > -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersdr-iq/files/
                > >
                > > USB2SDR requires a specific PowerSDR-IQ version (and drivers)
                > > which is available here
                > > -> http://code.google.com/p/usb2sdr/downloads/list
                > > the preferred operating system is W7.
                > >
                > > Currently the USB2SDR has been succesfully operated on these homebrew rigs giving full RxTx capability, SoftRock(with USBtoI2C), Ensemble, UHFSDR, Lima-SDR, FA-SDR
                > >
                > > I hope the above give you a clear picture.
                > >
                > > If you are interested, PM me (sv1eia at gmail.com) for payment options or any additional information.

                > > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <kc8rp@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I am still trying to find out where, if at all the USB2SDR is sold?
                > > >
                > > > 73
                > > > Richard, KC8RP

              • Clive Jenner
                Message 7 of 22 , Nov 1, 2011
                  Hi Thanks for that Christos, it's good that XP is a possibility for USB2SDR.

                  I understand your comment regarding Microsoft support for XP but I have
                  several PC's using XP and I cannot afford to replace the operating systems!

                  It's a straight choice Software or Hardware!

                  I may get back to you closer to Christmas the Hardware ;-)

                  73 Clive GW0PPO
                • Richard
                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 4, 2011
                    Does anyone have a case for the USBtoSDR board.

                    Richard, KC8RP

                    > Hi Richard,
                    >
                    > Yes, USB2SDR is available right now.
                    > The cost is 195 Euro
                    > Info on the board can be seen here
                    > -> http://www.wb5rvz.com/usb2sdr/index.htm
                    > -> http://www.wb5rvz.com/usb2sdr/Installation.htm
                    >
                    > Performance measurements of homebrew rigs with the USB2SDR are in the
                    > powersdr-iq Yahoo! group files section together with user success stories
                    > -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersdr-iq/files/
                    >
                    > USB2SDR requires a specific PowerSDR-IQ version (and drivers)
                    > which is available here
                    > -> http://code.google.com/p/usb2sdr/downloads/list
                    > the preferred operating system is W7.
                    >
                    > Currently the USB2SDR has been succesfully operated on these homebrew rigs giving full RxTx capability, SoftRock(with USBtoI2C), Ensemble, UHFSDR, Lima-SDR, FA-SDR
                    >
                    > I hope the above give you a clear picture.
                    >
                    > If you are interested, PM me (sv1eia at gmail.com) for payment options or any additional information.

                    > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <kc8rp@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I am still trying to find out where, if at all the USB2SDR is sold?
                    > >
                    > > 73
                    > > Richard, KC8RP

                  • Richard
                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 4, 2011
                      Christos,
                      What are the RX and TX card options mentioned?

                      Richard, KC8RP

                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 4, 2011
                        Hi Richard,

                        Based on USB2SDR, there were started some more projects.
                        Two of them are the Rx and Tx modules which are currently my first priority here.
                        You can have a look at this post.
                        A recently conducted poll here in this group though, has given me a better understanding of user majority needs and made me to revise the specs, so it takes a bit more than anticipated.

                        --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <kc8rp@...> wrote:

                        > Christos,
                        > What are the RX and TX card options mentioned?
                        >
                        > Richard, KC8RP
                        >
                        > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "sv1eia" <sv1eia@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hi Richard,
                        > >
                        > > Yes, USB2SDR is available right now.
                        > > The cost is 195 Euro
                        > > Info on the board can be seen here
                        > > -> http://www.wb5rvz.com/usb2sdr/index.htm
                        > > -> http://www.wb5rvz.com/usb2sdr/Installation.htm
                        > >
                        > > Performance measurements of homebrew rigs with the USB2SDR are in the
                        > > powersdr-iq Yahoo! group files section together with user success stories
                        > > -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersdr-iq/files/
                        > >
                        > > USB2SDR requires a specific PowerSDR-IQ version (and drivers)
                        > > which is available here
                        > > -> http://code.google.com/p/usb2sdr/downloads/list
                        > > the preferred operating system is W7.
                        > >
                        > > Currently the USB2SDR has been succesfully operated on these homebrew rigs giving full RxTx capability, SoftRock(with USBtoI2C), Ensemble, UHFSDR, Lima-SDR, FA-SDR
                        > >
                        > > I hope the above give you a clear picture.
                        > >
                        > > If you are interested, PM me (sv1eia at gmail.com) for payment options or any additional information.

                        > > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <kc8rp@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > I am still trying to find out where, if at all the USB2SDR is sold?
                        > > >
                        > > > 73
                        > > > Richard, KC8RP

                      • Pascal
                        Message 11 of 22 , Dec 17, 2011
                          Hi Richard

                          My USB2SDR card is installed inside a Teko Tekam 33.9 aluminium box ( this box accepts a 102 mm wide pcb ) (ordered from Electronic diffusion in France) - see the photos on this site (F6EHP photos)

                          73, Pascal

                          --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <kc8rp@...> wrote:

                          > Does anyone have a case for the USBtoSDR board.
                          >
                          > Richard, KC8RP
                          >
                          > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "sv1eia" <sv1eia@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Hi Richard,
                          > >
                          > > Yes, USB2SDR is available right now.
                          > > The cost is 195 Euro
                          > > Info on the board can be seen here
                          > > -> http://www.wb5rvz.com/usb2sdr/index.htm
                          > > -> http://www.wb5rvz.com/usb2sdr/Installation.htm
                          > >
                          > > Performance measurements of homebrew rigs with the USB2SDR are in the
                          > > powersdr-iq Yahoo! group files section together with user success stories
                          > > -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersdr-iq/files/
                          > >
                          > > USB2SDR requires a specific PowerSDR-IQ version (and drivers)
                          > > which is available here
                          > > -> http://code.google.com/p/usb2sdr/downloads/list
                          > > the preferred operating system is W7.
                          > >
                          > > Currently the USB2SDR has been succesfully operated on these homebrew rigs giving full RxTx capability, SoftRock(with USBtoI2C), Ensemble, UHFSDR, Lima-SDR, FA-SDR
                          > >
                          > > I hope the above give you a clear picture.
                          > >
                          > > If you are interested, PM me (sv1eia at gmail.com) for payment options or any additional information.

                          > > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <kc8rp@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > I am still trying to find out where, if at all the USB2SDR is sold?
                          > > >
                          > > > 73
                          > > > Richard, KC8RP

                        • Francesco Reale
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jan 3, 2013
                            There is one posibility tu integrate USB2sdr with SDR1000?
                            73 Francesco EA5HWQ
                          • w3lrdoncurtis
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jun 18 2:30 PM
                              Christos

                              Looking for order information on the USB2SDR board.

                              Thank You,
                              Don Curtis
                              de w3lr