Re: USB2SDR>Mobo>SR.6.3

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 18, 2011
      Hi,

      USB2SDR is not meant to be for a specific rig.
      Mainly though is easy, as it is even right now, to be interfaced out of the box with all USBtoI2C-ready Softrock/Ensemble style of homebrew rigs.

      There are numerous interfaces included in the basic board to accommodate most of today's requirements, like the I2C and the plain GPIO lines.

      One thing that everyone should understand is that this is a work in progress, much is still to be implemented, specifically in application software that will utilize the hardware.

      So, these direct-interfacing considerations that you discuss, most likely are supported but remains to be implemented and that will take its time since as you understand right now there are plenty of other things to do prior to fine-grain connectivity to a specific rig.

      --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "ericwd9" <ericwd9@...> wrote:

      > It was my understanding from the beginning that the USB2SDR could
      > be programmed to take advantage of all the features of the MoBo 4.3 though the I2c connection. It is likely that the routines used in the "widget" can be ported to the USB2SDR. I have not the skill to do this but I feel someone will. PSDR IQ could take power and SWR readings from the MoBo too. How PSDR could indicate the Temperature function or bias management is unclear. It might be possible to have
      > the USB2SDR communicate with the existing processor on the MoBo
      > leaving that running and updating frequency from the USB2SDR. This would leave the LCD running with its data presented. Data i/o
      > from the USB2SDR into the USB on the MoBo meaning only one usb connection to the PC reducing noise artifacts.
      >
      > Regards Eric VK5ZAG
      >
      > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "rune" <runeegil@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey Larry
      > >
      > > I have also ordered a board, it on it`s way should be here in week or so
      > >
      > > 73 Rune LA7THA
      > >
      > > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, w9amr@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Rune
      > > >
      > > > I am going to give a go at it. I have the board and have not had the time
      > > > to play with it yet! I will post my results!
      > > >
      > > > Larry
      > > >

      > > > In a message dated 6/12/2011 2:44:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      > > > runeegil@ writes:
      > > >

      > > > Hey All
      > > >
      > > > Just wonder is there anyone that have thinking of USB2SDR>Mobo>SR.6.3 ?.
      > > > Thinking about how to control the mobo BPF etc.
      > > >
      > > > 73 Rune LA7THA

    • rune
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 10, 2011
        Hey Bob

        Did you get any further with this "project".
        I am going @ sea next week and will bring with me all parts to continue this projec in my spare time.
        Will post some more pictures as my test is going on.

        73 de Rune LA7THA