New SDR system Announcement

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 6, 2011
      Hi,

      Based on the welcome that this community has given to the USB2SDR, I come today to give you an announcement picturing a more complete SDR system.

      USB2SDR is the basic part, upon which additional modules are attached.

      There are two assembled modules, one receiver and one transmitter.
      The two modules will be separate and can be attached alone or both on the USB2SDR controller.

      The receiver module is a QSD SDR technology, completely factory assembled receiver with eight BPF filters, a 12dB low noise preamplifier and has 30KHz to 30MHz general coverage.
      The receiver has an additional integrated ADC directly connected to the QSD, with all the benefits of this method, and it is attached to the USB2SDR controller via the I2S digital interface that USB2SDR is including in its configuration.

      The transmitter module is a QSE SDR technology, a completely factory assembled transmitter, covering HF amateur bands from 160meters to 10meters with its 10W PA.

      All these will be controlled from a unique USB connection to a PC or Laptop having a new version of the well known PowerSDR-IQ application.

      The real benefits of this solution is that you can use all modules in cooperation as building blocks and move on as an upgrade path by re-utilizing them.

      So having at start a USB2SDR you can experiment with homebrew kits. Later on, you can attach a receiver module as an addition in order to have a complete SDR receiver and then if you decide you can add a trasmit module thus having a complete RxTx SDR system.

      Right now the prototypes of the two modules have been built and succesfully tested.
      Their exact price will be fixed in July and if all go well will be available for buying in September.

      What makes this possible is the USB2SDR controller. With its true concurrent "4+4" (4 input channels, 4 output channels) 192KHz/32bit architecture over the USB bus, we are able to build and expand on a real robust base. And of course, all integration and system settings are pre-set for ease of setup in PowerSDR-IQ.

      For those of you who find this interesting, please let me know at
      sv1eia at gmail dot com.

      Early July will be more details to announce.

      Best regards & 73,
      Christos SV1EIA
    • Tim W4YN
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 6, 2011
        Christos
        I am in for 1 of each when available!
        Tim W4YN

        > Hi,
        >
        > Based on the welcome that this community has given to the USB2SDR, I come today to give you an announcement picturing a more complete SDR system.
        >
        > USB2SDR is the basic part, upon which additional modules are attached.
        >
        > There are two assembled modules, one receiver and one transmitter.
        > The two modules will be separate and can be attached alone or both on the USB2SDR controller.
        >
        > The receiver module is a QSD SDR technology, completely factory assembled receiver with eight BPF filters, a 12dB low noise preamplifier and has 30KHz to 30MHz general coverage.
        > The receiver has an additional integrated ADC directly connected to the QSD, with all the benefits of this method, and it is attached to the USB2SDR controller via the I2S digital interface that USB2SDR is including in its configuration.
        >
        > The transmitter module is a QSE SDR technology, a completely factory assembled transmitter, covering HF amateur bands from 160meters to 10meters with its 10W PA.
        >
        > All these will be controlled from a unique USB connection to a PC or Laptop having a new version of the well known PowerSDR-IQ application.
        >
        > The real benefits of this solution is that you can use all modules in cooperation as building blocks and move on as an upgrade path by re-utilizing them.
        >
        > So having at start a USB2SDR you can experiment with homebrew kits. Later on, you can attach a receiver module as an addition in order to have a complete SDR receiver and then if you decide you can add a trasmit module thus having a complete RxTx SDR system.
        >
        > Right now the prototypes of the two modules have been built and succesfully tested.
        > Their exact price will be fixed in July and if all go well will be available for buying in September.
        >

        > What makes this possible is the USB2SDR controller. With its true concurrent "4+4" (4 input channels, 4 output channels) 192KHz/32bit architecture over the USB bus, we are able to build and expand on a real robust base. And of course, all integration and system settings are pre-set for ease of setup in PowerSDR-IQ.
        >
        > For those of you who find this interesting, please let me know at
        > sv1eia at gmail dot com.
        >
        > Early July will be more details to announce.
        >
        > Best regards & 73,
        > Christos SV1EIA

      • John Williams
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 6, 2011
          What is the expected pricing to USA of the next group of USB2SDR controller modules?

          John - KE5SSH

          On 6/6/2011 3:58 AM, sv1eia wrote:

[...]

          John Williams
          WQKA523
          KE5SSH

        • Gerhard Häring
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 6, 2011
            Hello Christos,

            thank you for the interesting mail.
            I find this project very good .
            If the price is fair, I would buy it .

            Please let me know your progress.

            73 de Gerd
            DK6RH

            2011/6/6 sv1eia <sv1eia@...>

[...]

          • Conrad Farlow
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 6, 2011
              Guys if you read the email Christos says:

              'For those of you who find this interesting, please let me know at
              sv1eia at gmail dot com.'

              Conrad G0RUZ IO93FR

              G0RUZ webpages

              On 06/06/2011 09:58, sv1eia wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > Based on the welcome that this community has given to the USB2SDR, I come today to give you an announcement picturing a more complete SDR system.
              >
              > USB2SDR is the basic part, upon which additional modules are attached.
              >
              > There are two assembled modules, one receiver and one transmitter.
              > The two modules will be separate and can be attached alone or both on the USB2SDR controller.
              >
              > The receiver module is a QSD SDR technology, completely factory assembled receiver with eight BPF filters, a 12dB low noise preamplifier and has 30KHz to 30MHz general coverage.
              > The receiver has an additional integrated ADC directly connected to the QSD, with all the benefits of this method, and it is attached to the USB2SDR controller via the I2S digital interface that USB2SDR is including in its configuration.
              >
              > The transmitter module is a QSE SDR technology, a completely factory assembled transmitter, covering HF amateur bands from 160meters to 10meters with its 10W PA.
              >
              > All these will be controlled from a unique USB connection to a PC or Laptop having a new version of the well known PowerSDR-IQ application.
              >
              > The real benefits of this solution is that you can use all modules in cooperation as building blocks and move on as an upgrade path by re-utilizing them.
              >
              > So having at start a USB2SDR you can experiment with homebrew kits. Later on, you can attach a receiver module as an addition in order to have a complete SDR receiver and then if you decide you can add a trasmit module thus having a complete RxTx SDR system.
              >
              > Right now the prototypes of the two modules have been built and succesfully tested.
              > Their exact price will be fixed in July and if all go well will be available for buying in September.
              >

              > What makes this possible is the USB2SDR controller. With its true concurrent "4+4" (4 input channels, 4 output channels) 192KHz/32bit architecture over the USB bus, we are able to build and expand on a real robust base. And of course, all integration and system settings are pre-set for ease of setup in PowerSDR-IQ.
              >
              > For those of you who find this interesting, please let me know at
              > sv1eia at gmail dot com.
              >
              > Early July will be more details to announce.
              >
              > Best regards& 73,

            • Jon Ove Johnsen
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 6, 2011
                At this moment, yes I am interested. Will like to see how the USB2SDR works with my current SDR rigs before I will order. Very positive to this development. Thank you Christos!
                Keep me registered and posted.

                73
                Jon Ove, la3jj

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 6, 2011

                  Conrad.

                  You are correct.  I am not sure why gmail sent my response to the list.  When I sent my reply to Christos direct, gmail sent it to the list instead.   I followed up with another email direct to Christos this morning.  Sorry for the bandwidth.

                  Tim KB2MFS

                  On Jun 6, 2011 1:45 PM, "Conrad Farlow" <conrad@...> wrote:
                  > Guys if you read the email Christos says:
                  >
                  > 'For those of you who find this interesting, please let me know at
                  > sv1eia at gmail dot com.'

                  > 73
                  >
                  > Conrad G0RUZ IO93FR
                  >

                  > G0RUZ webpages

                  > On 06/06/2011 09:58, sv1eia wrote:
                  >> Hi,
                  >>
                  >> Based on the welcome that this community has given to the USB2SDR, I come today to give you an announcement picturing a more complete SDR system.
                  >>
                  >> USB2SDR is the basic part, upon which additional modules are attached.
                  >>
                  >> There are two assembled modules, one receiver and one transmitter.
                  >> The two modules will be separate and can be attached alone or both on the USB2SDR controller.
                  >>
                  >> The receiver module is a QSD SDR technology, completely factory assembled receiver with eight BPF filters, a 12dB low noise preamplifier and has 30KHz to 30MHz general coverage.
                  >> The receiver has an additional integrated ADC directly connected to the QSD, with all the benefits of this method, and it is attached to the USB2SDR controller via the I2S digital interface that USB2SDR is including in its configuration.
                  >>
                  >> The transmitter module is a QSE SDR technology, a completely factory assembled transmitter, covering HF amateur bands from 160meters to 10meters with its 10W PA.
                  >>
                  >> All these will be controlled from a unique USB connection to a PC or Laptop having a new version of the well known PowerSDR-IQ application.
                  >>
                  >> The real benefits of this solution is that you can use all modules in cooperation as building blocks and move on as an upgrade path by re-utilizing them.
                  >>
                  >> So having at start a USB2SDR you can experiment with homebrew kits. Later on, you can attach a receiver module as an addition in order to have a complete SDR receiver and then if you decide you can add a trasmit module thus having a complete RxTx SDR system.
                  >>
                  >> Right now the prototypes of the two modules have been built and succesfully tested.
                  >> Their exact price will be fixed in July and if all go well will be available for buying in September.
                  >>

                  >> What makes this possible is the USB2SDR controller. With its true concurrent "4+4" (4 input channels, 4 output channels) 192KHz/32bit architecture over the USB bus, we are able to build and expand on a real robust base. And of course, all integration and system settings are pre-set for ease of setup in PowerSDR-IQ.
                  >>
                  >> For those of you who find this interesting, please let me know at
                  >> sv1eia at gmail dot com.
                  >>
                  >> Early July will be more details to announce.
                  >>
                  >> Best regards& 73,
                  >> Christos SV1EIA

                • Conrad Farlow
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 6, 2011
                    Hi Tim it's not a bandwidth issue it's a case of helping Christos keep track of stuff. Besides I've got cold and I'm tetchy and very grumpy (even more than usual).

                    Sounds great though doesn't it?

                    73

                    Conrad G0RUZ

                    G0RUZ's new web pages