PSDR 1.19.3.15 only for 'standard' USB SDR hardware?

  • robengberts
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24, 2011
      Hi Christos,

      I installed PSDR 1.19.3.15 because the older SDR r40 version was not working under windows 7 because of the missing .net files.

      The problem is now that my SDR hardware don't react on any frequency change in PSDR. I also did not get any error message. Is it possible that you are looking in your program only to the standard (DG8SAQ etc) hardware? If yes then I have a problem because we are using in our KTH-SDR firmware an other device name and we also need a multiplier of 2.

      Are my thoughts correct and are you willing to add our KTH-SDR hardware parameters into your software?

      Thanks in advance,

      Rob PA0RWE
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 24, 2011
        Hi Rob,

        It has been quite a while to see you! :-)

        I understand your issue.
        Yes, the 1.19.3.x is just a 'preview' only for the 'standard' X4 local oscillators as those in SoftRock/Ensemble.
        I'm currently preparing a proper version that will have configurable multiplier for the LO frequency so I guess it will suit you.

        Send me an email with any additional info that is required for your rig and I'll do my best.

        --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "robengberts" <pa0rwe@...> wrote:

        > Hi Christos,
        >
        > I installed PSDR 1.19.3.15 because the older SDR r40 version was not working under windows 7 because of the missing .net files.
        >
        > The problem is now that my SDR hardware don't react on any frequency change in PSDR. I also did not get any error message. Is it possible that you are looking in your program only to the standard (DG8SAQ etc) hardware? If yes then I have a problem because we are using in our KTH-SDR firmware an other device name and we also need a multiplier of 2.
        >
        > Are my thoughts correct and are you willing to add our KTH-SDR hardware parameters into your software?
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        >
        > Rob PA0RWE

      • robengberts
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 18, 2011
          Hi Christos,

          I'm using PSDR now for all my SWL work with the KTH-SDR, but I have a problem using PSDR on 2 meter and 70 cm. When I tune to 144 MHz PSDR is thinking that I have a transverter and convert the frequency down to 28 MHz to my SDR Rx. When I switched off the XVTR Present checkbox, the SDR is tuned always to 65 MHz. Btw I use the XVTR setting screen to enable the VHF buttons for 2 meter and 70 cm.
          Is there a possibility to switch off that downconversion so my SDR is tuned to the correct frequency?
          Thanks in advance!

          73'
          Rob PA0RWE

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 18, 2011
            Hi Rob,

            Nice to see you.

            Yes, it can be done, yet as you understand there is a Huge pipeline at the moment. I'll try to find some time for it but it will take a bit.
            I hope that at least the X2 .dll works ok for the moment.

            --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "robengberts" <pa0rwe@...> wrote:

            > Hi Christos,
            >
            > I'm using PSDR now for all my SWL work with the KTH-SDR, but I have a problem using PSDR on 2 meter and 70 cm. When I tune to 144 MHz PSDR is thinking that I have a transverter and convert the frequency down to 28 MHz to my SDR Rx. When I switched off the XVTR Present checkbox, the SDR is tuned always to 65 MHz. Btw I use the XVTR setting screen to enable the VHF buttons for 2 meter and 70 cm.
            > Is there a possibility to switch off that downconversion so my SDR is tuned to the correct frequency?
            > Thanks in advance!
            >
            > 73'
            > Rob PA0RWE
            >

            > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "sv1eia" <sv1eia@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Rob,
            > >
            > > It has been quite a while to see you! :-)
            > >
            > > I understand your issue.
            > > Yes, the 1.19.3.x is just a 'preview' only for the 'standard' X4 local oscillators as those in SoftRock/Ensemble.
            > > I'm currently preparing a proper version that will have configurable multiplier for the LO frequency so I guess it will suit you.
            > >
            > > Send me an email with any additional info that is required for your rig and I'll do my best.

            > > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "robengberts" <pa0rwe@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi Christos,
            > > >
            > > > I installed PSDR 1.19.3.15 because the older SDR r40 version was not working under windows 7 because of the missing .net files.
            > > >
            > > > The problem is now that my SDR hardware don't react on any frequency change in PSDR. I also did not get any error message. Is it possible that you are looking in your program only to the standard (DG8SAQ etc) hardware? If yes then I have a problem because we are using in our KTH-SDR firmware an other device name and we also need a multiplier of 2.
            > > >
            > > > Are my thoughts correct and are you willing to add our KTH-SDR hardware parameters into your software?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks in advance,
            > > >
            > > > Rob PA0RWE

          • robengberts
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 19, 2011
              Hi Christos,

              Still going strong...hi! Yes I understand that you are very busy with the USB2SDR project. No problem at all, I wait patiently...
              I'm very glad with the X2.dll, so I can use your great program for the KTH-SDR. I add this dll also at my website that other KTH-SDR users can also make use of your program.

              Good luck with your USB2SDR project!

              73'
              Rob PA0RWE