Re: HSUSB Problem -- Help!

  • Christos Nikolaou
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2008
      Javier,

      Imagine that I had two of Dave's boards because I wanted one for my
      multiband rig and the other for the N2PK VNA.
      I managed to damage both of them on different occasions.

      The first was like you on the PTT send command and the second was on
      the I2C pins whereas also my LVDS Si570 got damaged.
      Juat for info, the Si570 is still starting and oscillating in its
      default frequency, but it cannot be programmed any more, probably only
      its own intrnal I2C interface has been blown and not the rest of the IC.

      The CY7C68013A chips themselves seem intact in terms of programing and
      utilization of other pins. Only the specific damaged pins are the problem.

      As they say though, there is always some good inside a mishap like this.
      The good at least for me, was that I utilized my 995xs as VFOs and
      proved excellent !! It could also go really down to my LF activity on
      137KHz without the problems of low frequency in Si570. And the spurii
      was also very good. Then I also remembered that the 995x has an
      internal log detector that can be utilized for forward or reverse
      power measurments. So the PowerSDR-IQ will display real
      forward/reverse power readings on its meter soon.

      So a drop of cable and a mishap, brought a new and enjoyable path !! :-)

      --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, Javier Fernandez
      <javier_fernandez09142@...> wrote:

      > Christos:
      >
      > I was hoping that someone would point out something obvious that I
      had missed and be embarrassed for a few seconds before I went on to
      fix the problem.