FA-SDR

  • oz2bkk
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2011
      Hi

      Is it possible to use the powersdr-iq software for the FA-SDR hardware (SDR transceiver from the german Funkamateur journal (www.funckamateur.de)? If it is impossible, to use the powersdr-iq software, I would like to have any suggestions for an update of the PowerSDR v1.9.0 sr40...

      Kind regards
      Bjarke
    • g8voip
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 23, 2011
        Hi Bjarke,

        Both the FA-SDR and Lima SDR projects essentially use the USB Synth design from the QRP2000 group, with Tom DG8SAQ's AVR firmware, probably still the original v1.4. I can see something in the documentation regarding making a change to a register, but unable to translate it too well or work out what that is supposed to do.

        All of the recent SoftRock / Ensemble SDR receivers and transceivers are also based on this USB synth design and well proven with PSDR v1.19.3.15.

        Looking at the circuit diagrams I can see no major difference in all of the designs, so they should work with Christos PSDR v1.19.3.15 correctly.

        What I would recommend doing is to replace the AVR controller with the latest version created by Fred PE0FKO and used for all of the SoftRock kits. This has a number of enhanced features that include implementing 'smooth tuning' of the Si570 within the AVR firmware and easier frequency calibration that is stored in the firmware, so only need to set it up once, then can be used with any SDR program without needed to calibrate each on.

        The only thing needed to use Fred's firmware is to run his 'CFGSR' configuration utility to disable the 'Auto Band Pass Filter' ABPF function. As supplied the chip is configured for SoftRock receive filter switching. Switching the 'ABPF' function off and restarting the AVR chip configures the I/O lines for PTT control and key straight and paddle key inputs.

        73, Bob G8VOI