Re: 2 Meters

  • wa9cgz
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2010
      Christos and ALL,

      Recently I asked about opening up the V19X software frequency box marked 2 Meters to allow the use of a transverter for operation on 2 and other microwave bands.
      Further investigation has shown that a already existing function may allow this.By enabling the XVTR setup menu it appears that it can be optioned for 2 meters.
      I used the following.

      enable, band 0, button label=2mtrs, LO offset=transverter IF frequency(i used 29mhz),
      begin freq=144mhz, end freq=145 mhz, enable XVTR RF TX

      Look under the S meter for box marked VHF+ then select button that you labeled above 2mtrs.

      The SDR screen will show a start frequency of 144mhz but the actual output will be 29mhz (IF frequency).

      Now for the disclaimer:
      I don't have a transverter I used a frequency counter to check the frequencies.

      I noticed that the although transmit will be disable at 144mhz it's still possible
      to transmit out of band by using LSB at 144mhz.

      Currently there is no external control leads to enable relays to route the SDR to the transverter when the box marked VHF+2mtrs is checked although a manualcoax switched can be used.

      Since their are 4 LPT leads tied up for control of the SI570 and only 2 are used maybe 2 can be reused for other functions or perhaps the Com ports.

      Please take the above with a grain of salt I may have misunderstood or
      overlooked something.

      Joe wa9cgz