new setup problem with powersdr and WSPR

  • Earl
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 12, 2010
      After I tried the new, v 2.11 version of WSPR strange things started happening. Ruunning XP with all updates. Mobo 4.3

      Power SDR receives OK, the PTT works but no transmit audio or power out
      WSPR - frequency control and PTT but no audio in or out
      WinradHD - receiver works fine
      Rocky - all OK (RX and TX)

      I checked for serial port etc conflicts in the control panel and can find nothing unusual. Sound card setup is normal.

      I did a system restore to one day before the WSPR update and all worked - for one day, till I started the computer again. All the dlls appear to be in place and funtioning.

      This seems to be a computer / sofware problem and not a hardware problem with audio or USB cables.

      Any ideas?

      Thanks,

      Earl 4Z4TJ
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 17, 2010
        If you use PSDR with WSPR you will need VAC implemented
        and set up correctly for your system. depending on the
        sound card/drivers used sometimes when moving from one
        system to another the drivers can become "confused"
        I have found that few "sound card" drivers will exist
        well in concert with others. If you use a single 4in
        4out card make sure to disable any other "sound cards"
        in the system. If you are using two separate sound
        cards and their drivers uninstall both drivers and reinstall.
        It pays to disable one card while the other is installed.

        Finally double check VAC details. On at least one occasion
        I have had to uninstall PRDR and reinstall with this problem.
        when uninstalling be sure to delete the flex radio files
        in user/application data and, if present, the flex radio folder
        in program files.

        Regards Eric VK5ZAG