Question about AM Carrier Transmission

  • Hide
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2010
      Hi,Christos and friends.

      Until now I can not get the AM/FM carrier and so
      I'm try to experiment the transmitting AM and FM mode.

      And today I've found that I can transmit the carrier only when
      I select the "Unsupported Card" on the Sound card selection
      into the Audio setting.

      I use Delta-44 PCI card and normally I select "M-Audio Delta 44 (PCI)"
      on the Sound card selection and it works on SSB/CW and DIGI-U mode
      very well.

      Why do I have to change the "Sound card selection" on AM and FM mode?

      Does anyone has succeeded QRV on AM mode?
      What is your setting?

      I'm enjoying all digital modes especially JT65A and WSPR with
      DIGI-U mode and also QPSK-63 and RTTY by using MMVARI(New Version)
      with Psdr-iq.CW is using "CWX".SSB sounds good! It works fine!
      And I have a plan to QRV AM mode on 6m VHF using transverter
      + Softrock v6.3.Today I have a good modulation by above setting.

      Thanks dear Christos and 72 to all,
      ja9mat Hidehiko.
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2010
        Hi Hidehiko,

        Be a bit more descriptive.
        What exactly do you mean by saying "I can not get the AM/FM carrier" ?

        D44 is performing ok in all modes whatsoever when selected as supported.

        and specifically at M-Audio Delta44 setup link

        I also heard that there is an issue with a D44 driver in Vista/W7 so if someone knows can give you a hint on this, yet since your D44 works as "supported" on at least one mode it has to work in all modes ok.

        73,
        Christos

        --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Hide" <qrper72@...> wrote:

        > Hi,Christos and friends.
        >
        > Until now I can not get the AM/FM carrier and so
        > I'm try to experiment the transmitting AM and FM mode.
        >
        > And today I've found that I can transmit the carrier only when
        > I select the "Unsupported Card" on the Sound card selection
        > into the Audio setting.
        >
        > I use Delta-44 PCI card and normally I select "M-Audio Delta 44 (PCI)"
        > on the Sound card selection and it works on SSB/CW and DIGI-U mode
        > very well.
        >
        > Why do I have to change the "Sound card selection" on AM and FM mode?
        >
        > Does anyone has succeeded QRV on AM mode?
        > What is your setting?
        >
        > I'm enjoying all digital modes especially JT65A and WSPR with
        > DIGI-U mode and also QPSK-63 and RTTY by using MMVARI(New Version)
        > with Psdr-iq.CW is using "CWX".SSB sounds good! It works fine!
        > And I have a plan to QRV AM mode on 6m VHF using transverter
        > + Softrock v6.3.Today I have a good modulation by above setting.
        >
        > Thanks dear Christos and 72 to all,
        > ja9mat Hidehiko.

      • Hide
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2010
          Thanks Christos,

          OK all and I will study about Delta44 setting more detail.
          I use WinXp-SP3 and I will replace Delta44 driver to the newest one.
          I will report on this group when I finished to work.

          72,ja9mat Hidehiko.

          > Hi Hidehiko,
          >
          > Be a bit more descriptive.
          > What exactly do you mean by saying "I can not get the AM/FM carrier" ?
          >
          > D44 is performing ok in all modes whatsoever when selected as supported.

          > and specifically at M-Audio Delta44 setup link
          >
          > I also heard that there is an issue with a D44 driver in Vista/W7 so if someone knows can give you a hint on this, yet since your D44 works as "supported" on at least one mode it has to work in all modes ok.
          >
          > 73,
          > Christos
          >

          > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Hide" <qrper72@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,Christos and friends.
          > >
          > > Until now I can not get the AM/FM carrier and so
          > > I'm try to experiment the transmitting AM and FM mode.
          > >
          > > And today I've found that I can transmit the carrier only when
          > > I select the "Unsupported Card" on the Sound card selection
          > > into the Audio setting.
          > >
          > > I use Delta-44 PCI card and normally I select "M-Audio Delta 44 (PCI)"
          > > on the Sound card selection and it works on SSB/CW and DIGI-U mode
          > > very well.
          > >
          > > Why do I have to change the "Sound card selection" on AM and FM mode?
          > >
          > > Does anyone has succeeded QRV on AM mode?
          > > What is your setting?
          > >
          > > I'm enjoying all digital modes especially JT65A and WSPR with
          > > DIGI-U mode and also QPSK-63 and RTTY by using MMVARI(New Version)
          > > with Psdr-iq.CW is using "CWX".SSB sounds good! It works fine!
          > > And I have a plan to QRV AM mode on 6m VHF using transverter
          > > + Softrock v6.3.Today I have a good modulation by above setting.
          > >
          > > Thanks dear Christos and 72 to all,
          > > ja9mat Hidehiko.

        • Hide
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2010
            Hi Christos,

            Now I set the wire configuration same as this document.
            I can got the AM carrier with normal setting Delta44 card.

            All modes are OK now.Thanks again!
            Sorry for it may be a FAQ.

            Thanks again,
            ja9mat Hidehiko.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 2010
              Great Hidehiko !
              Thats good news, congrats for rectifying it.