Re: problem running powersdr 1.19.3.15 on window 7

  • irbsurfing
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2010
      Hi Mike,
      Thanks for the reply, I tried to install powersdr on a friends laptop which is brand new and running W7. It installs ok but when I try to run it, its gets as far as 'initialising portaudio' on the initial splash screen as it loads and then quits.
      If I then right click on the application icon and set it to run in xp compatibility mode then it will run up ok and then I can use it in softrock mode.
      The only other thing I have done is to load the drivers for the usb-0202 sound card. I suppose W7 might have defaulted to the usb-0202 as its primary sound card and maybe that is the reason powersdr bombs out since it only gets as far as loading portaudio??
      I will try and check that.
      Any other ideas would be most welcome?
      Anybody running powersdr / usb-0202 / W7?
      Thanks,
      Andrew