Re: Yaesu FT 450

  • Earl
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 18, 2010
      --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <alan4alan@...> wrote:

> [...]
      There have been postings on the Yahoo FT-450 discussion group on this subject or similar. First posting was by John, VK4JWT who succeeded in taking out the 24 KHz I and Q directly from the bottom of the board (soldering to pads TP2010 and TP2011). More recent postings in 2010 mention slightly more sophisticated techniques and it may be prudent to add a series resistor and capacitor or a FET to buffer your I/Q signal take off. These signals go straight into the soundcard.

      Now, if a way has been easily worked out to have Power SDR assume CAT control of the rig, and from Alan's comments it has been done, then the cost / benefit should be fantastic. I own two FT-450s and was just waiting for the warranty to expire to try this out.

      It would be very helpful if someone can post clear instructions based on practical experience.

      73 Earl, VA6TJ
    • Alan
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 18, 2010
        From: "Earl"
        Subject: [powersdr-iq] Re: Yaesu FT 450

        > Google "FT 450 and can control via Power SDR" then you will find
        > something..
        > It has been done.
        >
        > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

        Did you Google?

        The very first was <http://www.9a9.me/> surely there were more?

        A version of PSDR <http://www.wu2x.com/sdr.html> PDSR has CAT...

        Look at HRD, that interfaces with PDSR.

        If you can't find someone who has done it most of the information seems to
        be available.

[...]

      • Pat Villani
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 18, 2010
          I have a Kenwood TS-940 and I use PowerSDR/IF with it. It uses a
          softrock attached to the 8.83 MHz IF output and all rig control is
          accomplished by serial port back to the rig.

          Seems to me that this is very similar to what you want. You'll need
          to somehow process the 24 KHz I/Q to convert it to baseband, and use
          the same PSDR/IF control software adapted to the FT-450.

          There's a web site and group for it. Google PowerSDR/IF to find it
          (I'm away from my computer at the moment). Hope this helps.

          Pat
          WB2GBF

          --
          Sent from my mobile device
        • ve7vib
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 19, 2010
            --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, Hartmut Porst <hartmut.porst@...> wrote:

            > Hi there,
            > i´ve heard that í can modify the FT 450 and can control via Power SDR.
            > What is in this direction already done?
            > can i get some informations about that ?
            > vy 73 Hartmut
            >
            > Wörterbuch- Detaillierten Wörterbucheintrag anzeigen
            > I have TS-2000 which does not have any IF output but I managed to get 192 kHz panadapter with my setup.

            I use the HPSDR Mercury radio for receiving with Power SDR software and TS-2000 for transmitting without any modifications done to TS2K!
            The control interface for both radios is an excellent Commander software from DX Lab Suite. Thank you Dave AA6YQ. The best thing is that I can tune my HPSDR radio using the mouse as well I use the real knob of my Kenwood radio since both radios are fully synchronized.
            What you also need for this setup is a good antenna rx/tx relay.

            73, Ted VE7VIB