Stuck in MOX

  • nb6m
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2010
      Hello the group,

      I've been using Power SDR 1.19 with the RX Ensemble, and it seemed to be working well.

      Now, I'm at the stage in the RXTX Ensemble build where you test the PTT and switching, at the end of the I/O and Switching section.

      At first, I got 0V on the PTT line, at test point A, and then I went into CFSGR and unchecked the automatic bandpass filter function, saved that and tried again.

      Now when I bring Power SDR up, it is stuck in MOX, meaning the mox button won't deactivate. The RXTX Ensemble does not have its PTT line activated, in otherwords I measure 10.2 volts on Test Point A. But there is a constant audio sidetone from the Power SDR program and the Mox button stays lit no matter what.

      Thoughts, suggestions?

      Thank you,

      Wayne NB6M
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2010
        Hi Wayne,

        Check the guide
        -> http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble/psdriq.htm
        it could be the LPT port setup.

        --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "nb6m" <NB6M@...> wrote:

        > Hello the group,
        >
        > I've been using Power SDR 1.19 with the RX Ensemble, and it seemed to be working well.
        >
        > Now, I'm at the stage in the RXTX Ensemble build where you test the PTT and switching, at the end of the I/O and Switching section.
        >
        > At first, I got 0V on the PTT line, at test point A, and then I went into CFSGR and unchecked the automatic bandpass filter function, saved that and tried again.
        >
        > Now when I bring Power SDR up, it is stuck in MOX, meaning the mox button won't deactivate. The RXTX Ensemble does not have its PTT line activated, in otherwords I measure 10.2 volts on Test Point A. But there is a constant audio sidetone from the Power SDR program and the Mox button stays lit no matter what.
        >
        > Thoughts, suggestions?
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Wayne NB6M

      • nb6m
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2010
          Thank you, Christos,

          That was it. I remembered reading something about a cause for constant TX but I was too tired last night to recall where.

          I must have changed that setting while switching things from the RX Ensemble to RXTX Ensemble.

          Another issue I am having, while using the RX Ensemble, is that every few seconds the audio drops out, I hear a click, and it comes back. I don't have the RXTX Ensemble far enough along at this point to see if this happens with it as well.

          I have tried adjusting the buffer, and it seems like the smaller the buffer the more often this happens, so I leave it on 2048.

          I am using a RigExpert Standard USB soundcard, and have also tried adjusting the RX Audio levels with its front panel controls.

          This does not happen when I use WinradHD with the RX Ensemble.

          Thank you,

          Wayne NB6M