slightly off topic

  • Earl
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2010
      Good day

      Anyone know if the ASUS laptops have stereo mic input. I know the
      ASUS Eee netbook has stereo-in, because I use one for SDR. Now looking
      at a "work computer" replacement, which of course should be capable
      of running a SD radio.

      I was looking at this model. Asus K52F-A1 w/ Core i3-350M, 4GB,
      320GB, DVD+/-RW, 15.6in LED HD, Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit

      Any driver issues with Win 7 ?

      thanks,

      Earl, VA6T
    • Earl
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2013
        I recently acquired a Baofeng UV-5RE HT which uses a RDA 1846 DSP chip. http://www.rdamicro.com/products/detail_122.aspx The schematic for the HT is here. http://www.uv3r.com/images/Schematic-Baofeng-UV5R.pdf

        Would it be possible to take I/Q sigs off the RDA1846 ? I have read this can be done with the TI DSP chips in HF rigs.

        Soldering on the board might be a real issue....

        At <$45 per XCVR delivered this could possibly be a way to get on VHF / UHF WSPR.

        Earl, VA6TJ
      • Don Rolph

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6, 2013
            Better perhaps? to try to find a chip which uses the RDA1847
            which has off-chip access for I and Q:

            http://www.rdamicro.com/Products/Detail_251.aspx

            Looking at the sparse datasheet for the RDA1846 it does not
            appear to offer I/Q off the chip.

            Jim, WB5WPA