Softrock V9.0 RX/TX listening problem

  • António Costa
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2010
      Hello,

      I'm working with Softrock V9.0 RX/TX and with PowerSDR v1.19.3.15 SV1EIA software.
      Everything works fine but the following aspect:
      I can listen to stations in LSB(40/80meters) as it is usual, although there are some stations, that should be in LSB, and that I can only listen in USB.
      Can you help me with this matter?

      Thank you for your attention,

      73s CT4GD
      Costa

    • tom
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2010
        You re probably hearing images of the stations.

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8, 2010
          Hello Antonio

          Maybe a simple Hardwareproblem.
          Do you use the line-input of your soundcard ?
          Is your audio cable connection cable ok?

          In case that you use the Mic- Input of your Soundcard
          (in the most cases a mono input) you can get such effects

          So you should (have to) use the stereo input (Line input) otherwise no image suppression is possible.....

          Have a nice day

          Bbest regard

          73 Klaus DL5SDG
        • g8voip
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 8, 2010
            Hi Antonio,

            For PowerSDR to work correctly you need to swap over the I/Q connections to your sound card. Most versions of PSDR do not provide the facility to swap them over in the software set up and the set up is the opposite to all of the other available SDR programs.

            My recommendation always to people is to wire your SoftRock hardware correctly to use PSDR and then in Rocky and Winrad use the software set up to reverse the signals. Doing it that way allows you to happily use all of the available SDR programs without having to swap leads over.

            73, Bob G8VOI

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 8, 2010
              Hi Antonio,

              It seems to me that you listen to 'images'.
              Transmissions from higher bands and the band-pass filters do not reject them.
              I would check the filter rejection/attenuation.
              Check if there is a short somewhere in the filter circuitry.

              --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, António Costa <ct4gd@...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              >
              > I'm working with Softrock V9.0 RX/TX and with PowerSDR v1.19.3.15 SV1EIA
              > software.
              > Everything works fine but the following aspect:
              > I can listen to stations in LSB(40/80meters) as it is usual, although there are
              > some stations, that should be in LSB, and that I can only listen in USB.
              > Can you help me with this matter?
              >
              > Thank you for your attention,
              >
              > 73s CT4GD
              > Costa

            • ct4gd
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 8, 2010
                Thank you all for your so quick answering, my problem is now solved.
                In the end, and after all your support, I managed to see that the cables between softrock and the input cable had a stereo/mono conflict which is now solved and working as a charm.

                Thank you all once again.

                73s CT4GD
                Costa