Re: The almighty spur reduction...

  • k6acj
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2010
      Have you tried turning off all the unnecessary tasks in Task Manager to lighten the load on the processor? Since this PC is dedicated, I'd stop the internet connection,anti virus program and anything that reads as a scheduling task. Task Manager will also show the CPU load per task which could be useful.

      I tried to dedicate an Win XP IBM E600 300Mhz Thinkpad to a USB Signalink for PSK31 and found performance to be marginal with popping and other disturbing noises so this laptop is too slow and will be dedicated to Serial TNCs or simple Digipan only.

      The SoundMax audio in my Lenovo X61 2.3ghz laptop works fine making me think > 1gHz CPU speed is more desirable.

      Bill k6acj