PSDR-IQ 1.12 + com0com + WSPR V2

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 5, 2010
      Hi Group,

      A longshot, but is anybody using WSPR V2 linked via com0com to PSDR-IQ? I find the V2 of WSPR will not talk through the virtual serial port.

      The old V1.12 of WSPR worked, I will revert to that.

      73s,
      Rob
    • g8voip
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 6, 2010
        Hi Rob,

        I just tried WSPR v2.0 with both PSDR-IQ v1.12.20 and PSDR v1.19.3.14 using virtual com ports for the PTT control and it seems to be working correctly.

        I am using v6.3 TX/RX and the USB to I2C interface with Fred's v15.12 firmware, configured for the TX options.

        73, Bob G8VOI

        --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <robbrown@...> wrote:

        > Hi Group,
        >
        > A longshot, but is anybody using WSPR V2 linked via com0com to PSDR-IQ? I find the V2 of WSPR will not talk through the virtual serial port.
        >
        > The old V1.12 of WSPR worked, I will revert to that.
        >
        > 73s,
        > Rob

      • Rob
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 6, 2010
          Hello Bob,

          I cannot find the installer for V1.12, so have to make V2.0 work!

          Are you using com0com as the virtual serial port? I setup PSDR-IQ, HRD V5 beta, and WSPR without trouble last September. HRD still works fine.

          WSPR starts on 30m, but if I try to change band to 40m, it says "Config parameter error: Invalid parameter"
          "Error attempting to set rig frequency"
          Then the rig control sentence

          Frustratingly the audio is working fine. It decodes stations on the waterfall diagram, but they're on totally the wrong band!

          Really I should be asking on the WSPR forums, but not a member - I had best become one quick.

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 6, 2010
            Solved!!

            Look here:
            http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio@.../msg33429.html

            The new version of WSPR requires PSDR-IQ to ID as a Kenwood TS2000. Having it as a FlexRadio won't work. Also safer to have all com port numbers in single digits.

            So much for V2 being easier to setup...

            What a relief
            -Rob
          • g8voip
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 6, 2010
              Hi Rob,

              My memory is definitely failing here! I could have sworn I was using com0com as the for the virtual serial ports, but actually using N8VB's vCom.

              I did not bother setting up any CAT control, so relying on manually setting the band in WSPR at the moment. Need to have another look at it sometime.

              Well my v6.3 TX/RX has been running on 30m for the last few hours running 500mW, had over 100 spots including a couple from the States. Just running on my back up 66 foot long offset centre fed dipole which is wrapped around the gutter on my bungalow about 8 foot off the ground.

              I see you paid a visit to the Fareham club recently!

              73, Bob G8VOI (listening on S20)

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 6, 2010
                --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <robbrown@...> wrote:

                > Hello Bob,
                >
                > I cannot find the installer for V1.12, so have to make V2.0 work!

                The downloads are here
                -> http://code.google.com/p/powersdr-iq/downloads/list
              • Rob
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 6, 2010
                  Hi Christos,

                  Sorry for confusing you I meant WSPR V1.12 :-))

                  I just got a 40m WSPR spot from the UK to VK7FGMH, so all looks good now!

                  Cheers,
                  Rob