469Re: basic audio routing in PDSR-IQ 1.12.20

  • w5xz@att.net
    Jun 5, 2009
      hi christos

      great work you have done.

      when you discuss the 'supported list' of audio cards, are
      you talking about the powerSDR listed sound cards?

      or, is there another list?

      i was thinking of useing the e mu 1212, since it has the
      same chip as the expensive Janus HPDSR card. the specs
      look pretty good. but, its not on the flex 'supported list'...

      confused beginner, w5xz, dan, in texas.

      --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Christos Nikolaou" <sv1eia@...> wrote:

      > Hi Mike,
      >
      > Although these are decent audio cards, they are not in the supported list.
      > In the supported list, cards are being utilized with all their ports whereas in 'unsupported' that is not so easy or not-possible at all.
      >
      > And talking in this class of audio cards, if you had the FA-66 your life would be much easier with PSDR.

      > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "ct1jzq" <ct1jzq@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi, I've spent a lot of time on this, with no real luck, so I wonder if someone has the obvious solution that I'm missing.
      > >
      > > I have been trying to get my Softrock TXRX6.3 up and running, using a choice of high spec digital audio FireWire interfaces I have available, all 192k capable. I also have a built-in soundmax card limited to 48k on my XP machine.
      > >
      > > I started off trying to route as follows
      > >
      > > mic->soundmax->PSDR
      > > PSDR->pro-audio out(96k)->TXRX
      > > TXRX->pro-audio in(96k)->PSDR
      > > PSDR->soundmax->speakers
      > >
      > > I got this almost to work using the proaudio ASIO driver, though PSDR only seems to see channels 1+2 of the proaudio i/o. I used VAC to send the audio to the soundmax, and to pick up the mic and route it back to PSDR.
      > >
      > > This almost works, except I noticed that I had a lot of noise on the panadapter clustered around the DC, with a bandwidth matching the decoded audio bandwidth. I discovered this is because PSDR is outputting decoded audio to the pro-audio channels 1+2 which are therefore going to the TXRX and generating the noise. With very quiet bands it also generates peculiar echoes as it goes round and round the system.
      > >
      > > I am not confident that the mic audio is getting coded properly, as it sounds like there is base band audio on the drive to the TXRX when I put PSDR into transmit (I expected to hear SSB offset by the IF).
      > >
      > > The other problem with using VAC is that the decoded audio is very delayed (~1 sec), despite reasonably short (default length) buffers.
      > >
      > > I couldn't find a way to stop PSDR sending decoded audio back to the TXRX.
      > >
      > > I decided to try using all i/o on the pro-audio device as follows:
      > >
      > > mic->pro-audio mic in(96k->PSDR
      > > PSDR->pro-audio out 1+2 (96k)->TXRX
      > > TXRX->pro-audio in(96k)->PSDR
      > > PSDR->pro-audio out 9+10 (96k)->speakers
      > >
      > > I can still only get PSDR to use one pair of inputs and outputs from the audio card. The only audio out goes back to the TXRX. I can't pick up the mic input at all. For receiver only use that's okay of course and this gives much lower delay as expected. (But I want to get TX to work of course).
      > >
      > > It seems a fairly basic requirement to route either of the two setups above, does anyone know how can I make PSDR do this?
      > >
      > > Many thanks, Mike CT1JZQ.
      > >
      > > These are the pro-audio boxes I tried, both pretty much the same. They come with fully up to date ASIO drivers of course, and all channels are available to my pro-audio software:
> [...]
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic