433Re: Wish List

  • Christos Nikolaou
    Apr 17, 2009
      Dave,

      Thanks for the intervention!
      Honestly I had the impression that it was an H-thing but never got the curiosity (until now) to see PA3AKE's site and have a good read on this.
      You sure made me start reading the H-Mode mixer documents and try to find the differences with your design.
      Next time I have to be more careful. :-)

      PS.
      By the way are the production boards ready to order?

      --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, Dave - WB6DHW <brainerd@...> wrote:

      > Christos:
      >
      > The UHFSDR does not use an H mode mixer(at least if I understand what
      > an H mode mixer is). The UHFSDR uses 2 standard double balanced mixers.
      > The DBM's have about 6 dB of loss verses 1dB or less for the QSD.
      > But, DBM's are available for frequencies well into the tens of GHz. It
      > uses a quadrature LO as do all the other SDR's.
      >
      > Dave - WB6DHW
      > <http://wb6dhw.com>
      >
      > Christos Nikolaou wrote:
      > > Hi Joe,
      > >
      > > The UHFSDR kit is still sitting there in pieces in my lab pipeline...
      > > I envy that you already got the feeling of it and how the H-Mode mixer works in comparisson to the QSD/QSE we were familiar with.
      > > I didnt go into the trouble of building it on the beta board and patiently waiting Dave to anounce the new rectified boards.
      > >
      > > Appart from the first touches on PowerSDR-IQ for UHFSDR usage I didnt had the time to incorporate the requests done so far yet. But I will, since I also want to have the H-Mode mixer experience and SDR up to UHF.
      > >
      > > Although you had your Easter last week, its the Orthodox Easter here so you have my Season Greetings.

      > > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "joe price" <joeprice@> wrote:
      > >> Christos,
      > >>
      > >> I have had some success with Dave's WB6DHW's UHFSDR project on two meters. would you please consider the following changes to your next revision.
      > >>
      > >> Add the 2 meter band selection box in the Band-HF under the S meter.
      > >>
      > >> Keep the extended frequency box checked under General Si570 (to allow TX on 2).
      > >>
      > >> Store TX/RX I/Q image data for 2 meters.
      > >>
      > >> Enable the TX Sequencing time so that it's used in both directions not
      > >> just RX to TX. The UHFSDR board has a small transient switching from TX to RX
      > >> which activates the RX AGC when TIME is set to slow (SSB) Fast AGC is OK.
      > >>
      > >> Joe wa9cgz
      > >> .

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic