416Re: PowerSDR-IQ and DREAM DRM

  • Christos Nikolaou
    Apr 3, 2009
      Hi Pietro,

      I've uploaded a screenshot of a DRM reception and settings right now
      ->http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersdr-iq/files/DRM_Settings.pdf

      Audigy is giving problems to almost everyone I know of in SDR. I do not use it and my friends that tried to used it threw it away after a lot of frustration and bought a decent audio card...

      The VAC needs to be an old version (if it is the shareware) 4.02. Or buy the most recent from the author. Other shareware intermediate versions have a restriction and garble the audio channels every few seconds so they disrupt the DRM received signal.

      --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "pietrobossi" <pietro.bossi@...> wrote:

      > Hi Christos,
      >
      > thank you so much for answer.
      > Well, I am experiencing some problem with Soundcard.
      > Normally I use the on-board SoundMax integrated sound on Compaq PC (model D510 and D530 SFF, 2.4 and 2.8 GHz). It works well at 48Khz both winrad and PSDR.
      >
      > I bougth a SB Audigy SE (EOM) PCI board, but works great at 48/96 KHz with winrad, but PSDR only 48. At 96KHz PSDR is unusable, to much "chirping" and interruption on IF, even if the CPU use is under 10%.
      > Don't understand why... ??? (buffer = 2048). PCI transfer ??? uhmmm must investigate.
      >
      > Even PSDR doesn't recognize this board as SB Audigy (PCI)... maybe because is a EOM model... mystery behaviour.
      >
      > But anyway, same behaviour with VAC button pressed with the 2 cards, I still hear both sound from PSDR and DREAM.
      >
      > Only solution is to redirect PSDR sound to an Virtual Audio Cable 2, not used bz any other application.
      >
      > COuld you please forward images of how you setup the Audio and VAC tab of your PC ?
      >
      > Best 73' de Pietro
      >

      > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Christos Nikolaou" <sv1eia@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Pietro,
      > >
      > > Here are some pictures from my DRM reception of a few DRM stations

      > > It looks to me that the MME driver is not behaving properly. It seems like a mixing is somewhere in your audiocard. Try to utilize ASIO if you have it for this specific soundcard, do not utilize the ASIO4All.
      > > When you press the VAC button nominally your speakers should stop geting output from PowerSDR-IQ and getting output from Dream.
      > > These problems happen with MME, try to see if by launching your card's mixer, you can see if the audio sources are mixed and outputed together to speakers thus you will be able to rectify it.

      > > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "pietrobossi" <pietro.bossi@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello,
      > > >
      > > > I am triyng to configure powerSDR-IQ to receive DRM with DREAM.
      > > >
      > > > Running VAC 4.06 and configured a virtual cable 1 as described and as necessary.
      > > >
      > > > PSDR Audio Driver > MME
      > > > PSDR Audio Input > SoundMax Digital Audio (my card, he use line-in for IQ signal from Softrock V9 RX)
      > > > PSDR Audio Output > SoundMax Digital Audio (my card, loudspeaker connected)
      > > > PSDR Audio>VAC Output > Virtual cable 1 (and other setup as needed).
      > > > DREAM > audio input = virtual cable 1
      > > > DREAM > audio output = SoundMax Digital Audio (my card, as before)
      > > >
      > > > Well, till here all is working ok, DREAM receive the Audio IF and demodulate the DRM service.
      > > >
      > > > Where is the problem ? Well if I press the PSDR MUTe (not to hear the IF noise from PSDR), DREAM do not receive anymore the IF signal and subsequently stop demodulate the service.
      > > >
      > > > Where am I wrong ???
      > > >
      > > > Many thanks for any infos !
      > > >
      > > > Pietro HB9RXC

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic