316Re: I need an "Elmer"! For setting up PowerSDR woth Soundblaster Live 24 and SR V 9

  • wnpauls
    Feb 13, 2009
      Hi Christos,

      I am back ... I have caught up at work, so tomorrow I will proceed
      with the checks.

      Question, I am using the HSUSB, should I remove the Tiny PIC chip, or
      doesn't it matter?

      I will report the tests as soon as I get them completed.

      Paul K0ZYV

      --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Schumacher, Paul"
      <pschumacher@...> wrote:

      > Christos,
      >
      > The hsusb tests looked good ... the pins tested 3.3 volts as
      described. A few other pins on other connectors were at 3.3 volts too.

      Sciencehttps://email.winona.edu/owa/?ae=PreFormAction&t=IPM.Note&a=Reply&id=RgAAAAB%2bRJvFvfMNTq6c9InAyA8gBwAXrlWyOgtiQI9qR2mOAzwCAAAAWiWQAADdUMlyzHOtR6pWKjMRlOn1AADcmqprAAAJ#
      Behalf Of Christos Nikolaou [sv1eia@...]
      > Sent: 02 February 2009 11:40
      > To: powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [powersdr-iq] Re: I need an "Elmer"! For setting up
      PowerSDR woth Soundblaster Live 24 and SR V 9

      > Ok Paul,
      >
      > Now a test is required.
      > When you start PowerSDR-IQ although not yet fully configured you can
      > do some HSUSB pins test.
      > You need to connect HSUSB on a usb port (without a hub !!) and start
      > the PowerSDR-IQ and go to
      > Setup->General->USB->Check HSUSB Adapter
      > When you check the checkbox the program should not complain with a
      > messagebox, it should just put the checkmark there and thus enable the
      > HSUSB interface.
      > With this checkbox checked, and with nothing connected on the HSUSB
      > interface connectors you can enable/disable its pins.
      > Close the Setup window.
      > Push the Start button on top left corner of the PowerSDR-IQ console,
      > then the program should start although we have no audio configured yet
      > it will take some default setup on the soundcard, that is not in our
      > interest now, we'll check only HSUSB.
      > With the Start button pressed and turned yellow it will display Stop.
      > If you press the MOX button (it will turn yellow), pin 3 on connector
      > H4 of HSUSB has to go into +3.2Vdc, when you depress MOX pin 3 on
      > connector H4 of HSUSB has to go into 0Vdc.
      > If you press the band change buttons on the right side of PowerSDR-IQ
      > console, the pins 15,13,11,9,7,5 on HSUSB connector H4 have to change
      > state according to the (Value) value on
      > Setup->General->BPF/LPF page.
      >
      > All these above are a very good test to verify proper HSUSB behaviour.
      >
      > These are the main pins that HSUSB has to control your rig, there are
      > also the Si570 I2C dedicated pins 15,13 on HSUSB connector H2 but
      > these can be tested when you connect the Si570 itself in real operation.
      >
      > Lets see how it goes up to here.

      > PS. Beware that you should not accidentally send more than 3.3Vdc to
      > HSUSB pins, I got two of them having burned out pins when I goofed
      > with a 12V wire...
      >
      > --- In
      powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com<mailto:powersdr-iq%40yahoogroups.com>,
      "Schumacher, Paul"

      [powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com<mailto:powersdr-iq%40yahoogroups.com>] On

      powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com<mailto:powersdr-iq%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:powersdr-iq%40yahoogroups.com>,

      http://powersdr-iq.googlecode.com/fies/USB%20connections%20for%20PTT_CW_BPF%20control.pdf

      http://powersdr-iq.googlecode.com/files/USB%20connections%20for%20PTT_CW_BPF%20control.pdf

      http://powersdr-iq.googlecode.com/files/PowerSDR-IQ%20v1.12.06%20Setup.msi
      > > > In the installation steps you need to select that you have a
      Si570 SDR
      > > > design and an unsupported audio card(that means it is not in the
      Flex

      powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com<mailto:powersdr-iq%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:powersdr-iq%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:powersdr-iq%40yahoogroups.com>,

      > band

      > 9.0 and