      From: powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com [mailto:powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Christos Nikolaou
      Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 11:40 AM
      To: powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [powersdr-iq] Re: I need an "Elmer"! For setting up PowerSDR woth Soundblaster Live 24 and SR V 9

      Ok Paul,

      Now a test is required.
      When you start PowerSDR-IQ although not yet fully configured you can
      do some HSUSB pins test.
      You need to connect HSUSB on a usb port (without a hub !!) and start
      the PowerSDR-IQ and go to
      Setup->General- >USB->Check HSUSB Adapter
      When you check the checkbox the program should not complain with a
      messagebox, it should just put the checkmark there and thus enable the
      HSUSB interface.
      With this checkbox checked, and with nothing connected on the HSUSB
      interface connectors you can enable/disable its pins.
      Close the Setup window.
      Push the Start button on top left corner of the PowerSDR-IQ console,
      then the program should start although we have no audio configured yet
      it will take some default setup on the soundcard, that is not in our
      interest now, we'll check only HSUSB.
      With the Start button pressed and turned yellow it will display Stop.
      If you press the MOX button (it will turn yellow), pin 3 on connector
      H4 of HSUSB has to go into +3.2Vdc, when you depress MOX pin 3 on
      connector H4 of HSUSB has to go into 0Vdc.
      If you press the band change buttons on the right side of PowerSDR-IQ
      console, the pins 15,13,11,9,7, 5 on HSUSB connector H4 have to change
      state according to the (Value) value on
      Setup->General- >BPF/LPF page.

      All these above are a very good test to verify proper HSUSB behaviour.

      These are the main pins that HSUSB has to control your rig, there are
      also the Si570 I2C dedicated pins 15,13 on HSUSB connector H2 but
      these can be tested when you connect the Si570 itself in real operation.

      Lets see how it goes up to here.

      PS. Beware that you should not accidentally send more than 3.3Vdc to
      HSUSB pins, I got two of them having burned out pins when I goofed
      with a 12V wire...

      --- In powersdr-iq@ yahoogroups. com, "Schumacher, Paul"
      <pschumacher@ ...> wrote:

      > Christos,
      >
      > I got the hsusb driver to install, and PowerSDR-IQ installed and
      chose the SI570 and unsopported sound card.
      > Everything seemed okay to this point. The HSUSB showed up as HSUSB
      SV1EIA.

      > Paul L. Schumacher
      > Prof, Computer Science
      > Winona
      w:st="on">State University
      [powersdr-iq@ yahoogroups. com] On
      Behalf Of Christos Nikolaou [sv1eia@...]
      > Sent: 01 February 2009 14:23
      > To: powersdr-iq@ yahoogroups. com
      > Subject: [powersdr-iq] Re: I need an "Elmer"! For setting up
      PowerSDR woth Soundblaster Live 24 and SR V 9

      > Paul,
      >
      > It seems that the copy and past has a problem
      >
      > The downloads folder is
      > -> http://code. google.com/ p/powersdr- iq/downloads/ list
      >
      > and from there you can download the PowerSDR-IQ 1.12.6 and the USB
      > connections for PTT_CW_BPF control.pdf
      >
      > The home page of PowerSDR-IQ googlecode site is
      > -> http://code. google.com/ p/powersdr- iq/

      > --- In
      powersdr-iq@ yahoogroups. com<mailto:powersdr- iq%40yahoogroups .com>,
      "Schumacher, Paul"

      http://powersdr- iq.googlecode. com/fies/ USB%20connection s%20for%20PTT_ CW_BPF%20control .pdf

      http://powersdr- iq.googlecode. com/files/ USB%20connection s%20for%20PTT_ CW_BPF%20control .pdf

      > > doesn't work.
      > >
      > > thanks,
      > >
      > > Paul L. Schumacher
      > > Prof, Computer Science
      > > Winona
      w:st="on">State University
      [powersdr-iq@ yahoogroups. com<mailto:powersdr- iq%40yahoogroups .com>] On

      http://powersdr- iq.googlecode. com/files/ PowerSDR- IQ_HSUSB_ Driver.zip. zip

      http://powersdr- iq.googlecode. com/files/ PowerSDR- IQ%20v1.12. 06%20Setup. msi
      > > In the installation steps you need to select that you have a Si570
      SDR

      powersdr-iq@ yahoogroups. com<mailto:powersdr- iq%40yahoogroups .com><mailto: powersdr- iq%40yahoogroups .com>,
      > "wnpauls" <pschumacher@ > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I have the following:
      > > >
      > > > SR v 9.0
      > > > SR RXTX 6.3
      > > > USB2i2c
      > > > Tony's bpf switching board
      > > > hsusb
      > > > Alex's "motherboard"
      > > >
      > > > SoundBlaster Live 24 PCI
      > > >
      > > > I want to use PowerSDR and eventually have a fully automated all
      band
      > > > XCVR with a 20 PA and low pass filters.
      > > >
      > > > My rough plan:
      > > >
      > > > 1. Set up PowerSDR with the SoundBlaster Live 24 and the SR v
      9.0 and
      > > > get that working properly.
      > > >
      > > > 2. Set up PowerSDR with the SoundBlaster Live 24and the SR RXTX
      v 6.3
      > > > and get that working properly for receive.
      > > >
      > > > 3. Step by step get the 6.3 to eventually be fully PC
      controlled.
      > > > (get hsusb working, then the motherboard etc in some reasonable
      > > order).
      > > >
      > > > To get started:
      > > > a. What PowerSDR should I use(version and title).
      > > > b. How to I set it up, and specifically how do I make the
      SoundBlaster
      > > > Live 24 work with the v 9.0?
      > > > c. If I get this far, I think I can go step by step to my goal.
      > > >
      > > > thanks,
      > > >
      > > > Paul K0ZYV

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic