3003Re: [powersdr-iq] Re: Soundblaster X-FI causes Blue Screen of Death

  • Albert Gerheim
    Jan 29, 2014
      Hey!  That voltage setting seems to do the trick.  I ran it down to 0.5, and I can work JT65/9 simultaneously.  I'll have to try my 40, 30, 20 softrock, which had a bigger problem.  THe problem on 15 is that higher audio frequencies get attenuated somewhere.  So I can work with 0-3kHz OK, but if I try to work JT65+JT9 in WSJT-X, audio at 4kHz gets attenuated (yes, I checked the transmit filter).  :-)

      I may have to run it waaaaay down to 0.2 or 0.1.  We'll see...

      Thanks!

      On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 3:15 PM, Albert Gerheim <alpg49@...> wrote:
      I had a D44, then bought a computer with low form factor which doesn't accept the card.  I gave the D44 away to someone in exchange for a donation to Wounded Warrior Project.  I used the unsupported X-FI card for quite some time, then I had a disk crash, and had to rebuild the PC.  At the moment, I can work 15 at 1 Watt, and that's all I need for now.

      Yes, I've fooled with the voltage setting, as well as the PA settings.  PSDR produces more audio to compensate for the low "external" gains.

      On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 2:44 PM, <sv1eia@...> wrote:

      Albert,

      As said many times, if you  want to have  something good, use D44 of FA66.

      One thing that you can try if you want, is to change the 'voltage' setting on the audio setup pages.
      If it is show 1.0 volts, reduce it to 0.7v, that will make the audio to be a bit higher regardless that you lower the value..

      --
      Al Gerheim, K1QN
      Celebrating 50 years in ham radio!

      --