      From: sv1eia@... ;
      To: ;
      Subject: [powersdr-iq] RE: RE: 384khz Sound card for kx3?
      Sent: Fri, Nov 15, 2013 1:25:49 PM

       Hi Corey,

      Yes, Cecil is right.

      Just to put things into proper perspective, if we talk about PoweSDR, as an appplication it can go up to 192KHz and it requires a 'supported' card with 4 channels in and four channels out in order to have all functions operational, if you go to an unsupported card, quite a few of application's functions will simply do not operate.

      Audio cards that are used so far from PowerSDR users, are Edirol FA-66 and M-Audio D44.

      Yet your post comes in timely and something is in store for KX3 users on this field, that will give them ease of setup with PowerSDR.

      Christos SV1EIA

      ---In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

      Thanks Cecil,

      it sounded good , that way I asked the question. I think I will save my money, thanks for the quick reply

      ---In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

      I would be extremely careful, all it talks about is outputs, no
      analog input mentioned.

      Another thing is look at the specs 32 bits? really, there is no such
      thing, they can't even get 24 to have really 24 bits and the
      specifications for the output seems unreal, 140dB dynamic range, it's
      just not possible yet.

      It seems that the card is over hyped and an output only card, but hey
      it's your money.

      At 06:25 PM 11/14/2013, you wrote:

      >Hi All,
      > I have come cross this sound card Wondering if it would work with
      > powerdr-iq and the kx3? would 384khz be possible.
      >Musiland Monitor 03 US USB Sound Card ASIO 32bit 384kHz

      Cecil - k5nwa