2903RE: powersdr 2.4.4 with my Ensemble RXTX Low RF output

  • yannick.devos
    Oct 8, 2013

      Hi,

      In SSB, for 1W PEP with a 2-tone audio in, you should get around 0.25W average power, no more. With normal voice (no compression), 100mW average power on peak is expected.

      Having more is a sign you're overdriving your transmit chain.

      With a single tone signal (PSK31, RTTY, WSPR) you can have up to 1W but the linearity of the SoftRock is not good. I always keep mine below 500mW with WSPR. Going to 1W (3dB) will not bring you more spots and could degrage your signal to the point the result is worse...

      73,

      Yan - XV4Y.

      ---

      http://www.qscope.org/ (Online stats and charts for Contesters, DXers and DXpeditioners).

      ---In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, <powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I have powersdr 2.4.4  with my Ensemble RXTX and when I use tune I get

      a full 1 watt when I go to ssb I can only get about .45 Watt out what

       o I need to do to get my 1 watt in ssb mode.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic