2872Re: PowerSDR-IQ and Ensemble II RX

    Sep 27, 2013
      I reply to your query on sound cards.
      If you wish to transmit you will need 4 audio inputs and four
      audio outputs. One can use two "sound Cards" but my experience with this has always been problematic. Windoze often encounters conflicts
      with two sound cards. Also the way in which windoze handles sound
      introduces latencies that can be VERY annoying. Cards using ASIO drivers to some extent side step this problem. It is highly recommended to use a "supported" card when using any version of PSDR.
      The cheapest option is to look on ebay for a second hand "supported" card. There are a lot of Maudio Delta 44 cards around and you might get one for less than US$100. These supported cards have 4in and 4 out. PSDR is able to communicate DIRECT with the driver/card and
      then gives full volumetric control of the card via the PSDR GUI.
      The best of the commercial cards I have used is the Roland FA-66
      this card uses a firewire interface the Delta 44 is a PCI card.
      The best option is Christos's USB2SDR which has VERY low latency
      by bypassing the windoze sound management entirely. Also the USB2SDR
      has ptt/keying and facilities to control the Sis570 through an I2c
      interface meaning one only USB connection to the PC. This cuts out
      a lot of looped PC noise from the receiver.
      Overall audio performance wise, The best is the FA-66 followed by
      the USB2SDR then the Delta 44. Realizing that the delta 44 itself
      is an order of magnitude better than the better industry standard
      cards.
      Regards 73 Eric VK5ZAG

      --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <alan4alan@...> wrote:

> [...]
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic