2832Re: query on transmit setup

  • Earl Rubin
    Jun 6, 2013
      Eric

      Thanks for your reply but I believe that the issue is not related to  latency, whcih  is not likely going to be an issue at the 12 - 16 WPM CW I am capable of.

      Here are more details on what I am seeing.

      Receiver functions normally.

      Transmit on USB, LSB, DSB and AM modes appear normal.
      Transmit on CWU or CWL with iambic enables results in motorboating at ~ 1 Hz with maximum power output, with or without the paddles connected.
      Transmit on CWU or CWL with iambic disabled results in a steady transmitted signal, like tune, but at maxium power.
      Tune function works normal.

      All tests during Ensemble kit construction were ok but I am going to look again at the circuit around the keying jack.  I have assembled  the whole series of Softrock kits and never encountered a problem like this.

      Any more suggestions will definitely be welcome.

      73, VA6TJ

      --
      Earl Rubin
      Water Valley AB