2770Re: Need new sound card?

    Mar 8, 2013
      Please note: That in order to transmit and receive/TX external
      audio "mike/SPKR" either 2 sound cards are needed or a 4in 4 out
      card. If the internal card has died then you will need to add 4 inputs and 4 outputs for full operation. It is also very
      advantageous to have a "supported" card if you are to use
      PSDR IQ since only then will all of the available assets of
      PSDR be available. Also "sound cards" used though windoze use
      a lot of CPU. When 2 are used this is compounded. Also some
      cards WILL have driver conflicts when more than one are used.
      That being said: the XFi SB is a good card for one in one out.
      Though it has 96KHz it also has a LPF which limits it somewhat.
      I have two versions of USB and a PCI XFi pro here (PCI unused)
      all available for $10.00 + post. Also I have about 12 other
      one in one out PCI cards that are to go into the trash.
      Best Regards to all 73 VK5ZAG

      --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, John Williams <KE5SSH@...> wrote:

      > Creative has the refurbed Soundblaster XFi 5.1 pro on their web site for
      > $34.99 with free shipping. I bought one and am very happy with it on WinXP.
      >
      > John - ke5ssh
      > On 3/8/2013 9:35 AM, bxyza wrote:
      > >
      > > Gary,
      > >
      > > I use the iMic USB sound card on my XP machine, both ports work fine
      > > in XP. The Windows 7 32 Bit PC I have works with the iMic stereo Mic
      > > from the Softrock to the Microphone in but not stereo speakers out. I
      > > only paid $20.00 on Flea Bay for it and seems to work well.
      > > 73
      > > KD8IGK
      > > Bill
      > >
      > > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:powersdr-iq%40yahoogroups.com>, "kc9ee" <kc9ee@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > My onboard RealTek soundcard just died in my Toshiba Windows Vista
      > > laptop.
      > > >
      > > > Please,any suggestions on a USB soundcard that will work on Vista?
      > > >
      > > > Using an Ensemble RXTX
      > > >
      > > > Gary
      > > > KC9EE
      > > >

      > --
      >
      > John Williams
      >
      > KE5SSH - ham since 2007
      > WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic