      From: Jim Elmore <wa4ywm@...>
      To: powersdr-iq <powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wed, Sep 5, 2012 4:49 pm
      Subject: [powersdr-iq] Re: M Audio Delta 44 Output Signal Level Problem

      Christos,
      OK. I will try to provide more detail.

      I want to permanently set the output of the Delta 44 to +4dBu. I cannot do this if I run PSDR-IQ.

      Here is what happens:
      1. I open the Delta 44 Control Panel and select +4dBu by clicking the radio button for that selection. Then I click Done.
      2. Start PSDR-IQ
      3. At some point during the PSDR-IQ startup the output of the Delta 44 is set back to -10dBV (I do not want this behavior).

      I know that PSDR-IQ is doing this because I can see that the output has been set back to -10dBV when I open the Delta 44 Control Panel. I have also opened the Control Panel, started PSDR-IQ and watched while the output changes from +4dBu to -10dBV during the PSDR-IQ startup.

      I need this level from the Delta 44 because I am unable to obtain sufficient drive at the -10 dBV level to get 5W output from the MOBO.

      I hope this additional description is helpful.

      73, Jim WA4YWM

      > Try to be a bit more descriptive, give us a few more details.
      >
      > Is it that you cannot have enough output whatever you do in PSDRIQ or is it only at application startup and then its ok?
      > Did you try to use the "Drive" slider?
      >

      > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Elmore" <wa4ywm@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Christos,
      > > I don't believe you are fully understanding my problem.
      > >
      > > Note that I have been using the Delta 44 card with Softrock for several years and more recently with the MOBO. It is the selected card.
      > >
      > > The issue is that PSDR-IQ sets the Output to -10dBV when it starts up. I would like to be able to leave the setting at +4dBu without having to worry about making that selection every time I use the SDR.
      > >
      > > I hope this clarifies the issue.
      > >
      > > 73, Jim WA4YWM
      > >
      > > --- In powersdr-iq@yahoogroups.com, "sv1eia" <sv1eia@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Jim,
      > > >
      > > > Are you using it as the selected supported option in setup,
      > > > or selected as 'Unsupported' ?
      > > >
      > > > In the links section you have to read the link named
      > > > "M-Audio Delta44 setup"
      > > > -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersdr-iq/links
      > > > for proper supported setup of the card.
      > > >
      > > > Some tweeking is required on the newer driver versions of D44, you can search past posts here in the group and you will find what is needed.
      > > >
      > > > 73,
      > > > Christos SV1EIA

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic