1593Getting started

  • Don
    Nov 29, 2010
      First of all, I'm a newbie on this forum, just got accepted.

      I feel I should move up to next software level from Rocky. I have built all three of newest Softrock kits, and they work fine. I use XP with either internal Realtek or a Creative X-Fi external.

      Now looking at PowerSDR, It is kind of confusing looking at all the versions, and not sure which I should get. I downloaded V1.12.20 to try to get started. Then I notice there is a newer version. I have .NET Framework 3.5 installed. But what are Skins and why are they so secretive? And notice my external card is not listed. Really don't want to buy an M-Audio-44 card. Do I need really something better?

      For me, building Softrock kits is just a fun demo. I notice PSDR is really over the top for what seems reasonable for my hardware builds. I appreciate Flex has let ham experimenters use it. And, I do want to try it, for it looks very powerful. Is there a direct approach for the Ensemble RX II? So, what should I get?

      Thanks in advance, Don
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic