Re: show mouse buttons state dynamically

  • brother.gabriel
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2012
      Ha, ha! How funny! What goes around comes around! Maybe someday even Sean will need a crosshair script, too!

      --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "quanticworks" <quanticworks@...> wrote:

      > I had that script stored in my hd, but completely forgot about it, so thanks for uploading/mentioning it.
      >
      > Funny that in 2010 I linked it to you :)

      > and that topic is related to what I want to do now.
      >
      > the creator of the crosshair and many other awesome scripts like colorzoommer or screencapture is swzoh (Sean).
      > I'll look into those scripts to get something working.
      >

      > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brother.gabriel" <brgabriel@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have a script someone wrote which will put crosshairs on your cursor... maybe something like that would give some clues?
      > >
      > > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "quanticworks" <quanticworks@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > do you know, that software used for eLearning and some tuts that displays a circle around the mouse when you left click something?
      > > >
      > > > well, some show only the left event while others (paid apps) have the option for LMB, MMB, RMB and/or keyboard events.
      > > >
      > > > I'd like to do something like this with powerpro.
      > > > we have the function .lastmouse(0) in win plugin which works great with an info label.
      > > >
      > > > I played some more with this to create a bar showing that info at mouse pointer location.
      > > >
      > > > the state by .lastmouse returns:
      > > > 1=l
      > > > 2=m
      > > > 3=r
      > > >
      > > > this means, that in my bar I want the button to read left if 1, middle if 2 and right if 3
      > > >
      > > > since I've little know-how in logic scripting, I started with only the state returned by .lastmouse, but in the end I'd like this:
      > > >
      > > > left click > cl.seticon(someimage)> show state for x > clear
      > > > middle click > cl.seticon(someimage)> show state for x > clear
      > > > right click > cl.seticon(someimage)> show state for x > clear
      > > >
      > > > I say cl.seticon because I think it's the better option here?
      > > >
      > > > my 1st poor attempt at this:
      > > >
      > > > ----start----
      > > > local mbe=cl.Create("mbEvent",1)
      > > > static mbs, ev = win.lastmouse(0)
      > > >
      > > > if (ev == 1) || (ev == 2) || (ev == 3 )
      > > > ev = mbs
      > > >
      > > > mbe.SetProperties("Position: Floating Flat BarSize TopMost")
      > > > mbe.Insert(0).AddLeft("bar close mbEvent").Setlabel(?#*info expr("mstate: " ++ mbs)#)
      > > > mbe.show
      > > > win.move("mbEvent", xmouse ++ " " ++ ymouse)
      > > > quit
      > > > ----end----
      > > >
      > > > but it doesn't work because I'm obviously doing something wrong...
      > > >
      > > > another question,
      > > >
      > > > Is this possible in this way or do we need to get mouseUp, mouseDown state?

    • quanticworks
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2012
        Well, it looks like I made a mistake here...
        upon further reading:

        credit goes to bruce (original creator) and swzoh + sgp for their revised versions.

        Sorry to all involved!

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 9, 2012
          I've found a nice little ahk app, that does more than what I wanted.
          It displays a box with all keyboard and mouse events.

          So, if there's a right hold or ctrl+middle or any other key, the event is displayed.
          The last beta version, includes an option to work only with specific apps trough class control.

          If anyone wants to try it, look here:

          http://www.romeosa.com/osdHotkey/help.html