Firefox minimizing

  • diamantsus
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 28 6:30 AM
      I have added
      c=*MozillaWindowClass*
      to Auto tray min but not work
    • phkiefer
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 29 12:49 PM
        Maybe try "*Mozilla Firefox,&,c=MozillaWindowClass" (without the quotes) - it works for me in the autorun command list.

        --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@...> wrote:

        > I have added
        > c=*MozillaWindowClass*
        > to Auto tray min but not work

      • diamantsus
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 29 1:49 PM
          It not work for me in FF13

          --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "phkiefer" <philippkiefer@...> wrote:

          > Maybe try "*Mozilla Firefox,&,c=MozillaWindowClass" (without the quotes) - it works for me in the autorun command list.
          >
          > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have added
          > > c=*MozillaWindowClass*
          > > to Auto tray min but not work

        • brucexs
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 29 4:49 PM
            There is a bug I suspect in matching with * at end when there is nothing for the * to match. Try leaving it out or leaving out at least 2 chars before the *.

            --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@...> wrote:

            > It not work for me in FF13
            >
            > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "phkiefer" <philippkiefer@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Maybe try "*Mozilla Firefox,&,c=MozillaWindowClass" (without the quotes) - it works for me in the autorun command list.
            > >
            > > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I have added
            > > > c=*MozillaWindowClass*
            > > > to Auto tray min but not work

          • diamantsus
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 29 4:59 PM
              not work

              --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@...> wrote:

              > There is a bug I suspect in matching with * at end when there is nothing for the * to match. Try leaving it out or leaving out at least 2 chars before the *.
              >
              > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@> wrote:
              > >
              > > It not work for me in FF13
              > >
              > > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "phkiefer" <philippkiefer@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Maybe try "*Mozilla Firefox,&,c=MozillaWindowClass" (without the quotes) - it works for me in the autorun command list.

            • brucexs
              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 29 5:09 PM
                sorry, I cannot explain this. it works fine for me. When I minimize ffox, it goes tot he tray.
                --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@...> wrote:

                > not work
                >
                > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@> wrote:
                > >
                > > There is a bug I suspect in matching with * at end when there is nothing for the * to match. Try leaving it out or leaving out at least 2 chars before the *.
                > >
                > > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > It not work for me in FF13

              • diamantsus
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 29 5:30 PM
                  Excuse me.
                  Do you can to write clearly your string? ty

                  --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@...> wrote:

                  > sorry, I cannot explain this. it works fine for me. When I minimize ffox, it goes tot he tray.
                  > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > not work
                  > >
                  > > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > There is a bug I suspect in matching with * at end when there is nothing for the * to match. Try leaving it out or leaving out at least 2 chars before the *.

                • brucexs
                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 29 5:56 PM
                    c=MozillaWindowClass

                    c=*MozillaWindowClass

                    c=*MozillaWindowCla*

                    All of the above work for me. (Using one at a time, of course).

                    --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@...> wrote:

                    > Excuse me.
                    > Do you can to write clearly your string? ty
                    >
                    > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > sorry, I cannot explain this. it works fine for me. When I minimize ffox, it goes tot he tray.
                    > > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > not work

                  • diamantsus
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 29 6:09 PM
                      I do not no one works for me. Mystery, patience.

                      --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@...> wrote:

                      > c=MozillaWindowClass
                      >
                      > c=*MozillaWindowClass
                      >
                      > c=*MozillaWindowCla*
                      >
                      > All of the above work for me. (Using one at a time, of course).
                      >
                      > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Excuse me.
                      > > Do you can to write clearly your string? ty
                      > >
                      > > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@> wrote:
                      > > >

                      > > > sorry, I cannot explain this. it works fine for me. When I minimize ffox, it goes tot he tray.

                    • diamantsus
                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 30 5:32 AM
                        This work:
                        *Window min "*Mozilla Firefox,&,c=MozillaWindowClass"

                        but
                        *Mozilla Firefox,&,c=MozillaWindowClass
                        in setup => auto tray min
                        not work
                        What can be?
                        maybe some other setting that is interfering ?
                        with autoit i can reference with:

                        WinActivate("[CLASS:MozillaWindowClass; INSTANCE:2]")

                        do it is possible with PP reference other the class also the istance?
                        simple
                        c=MozillaWindowClass
                        not work because have more istance of it

                        --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@...> wrote:

                        > I do not no one works for me. Mystery, patience.
                        >
                        > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > c=MozillaWindowClass
                        > >
                        > > c=*MozillaWindowClass
                        > >
                        > > c=*MozillaWindowCla*
                        > >
                        > > All of the above work for me. (Using one at a time, of course).
                        > >
                        > > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Excuse me.
                        > > > Do you can to write clearly your string? ty

                      • brucexs
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 30 6:25 AM
                          1. What happens if only one instance is running?
                          2. What happens if you try with default.pcf (use ctrl-right on bar to change configuration)?
                          3. Does window traymin under command work with multiple instances, e.g.if attached to hotkey right minimize?

                          In general, PowerPro matches the first instance it happens to find. There is no control on the order it searches.

                          But for autotraymin I think it knows the window handle being minimized so it only checks that one. So I would have guessed that it would work with multiple instances. But I have not tested.

                          Possibly the window state matchers can help (help index window caption).

                          Just to be clear, this works if you left click minimize button on ff window. Not sure if it works in other circumstances, e.g. if you sciprt win.minimize. Also, start up auto tray min may not be reliable.

                          --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@...> wrote:

                          > This work:
                          > *Window min "*Mozilla Firefox,&,c=MozillaWindowClass"
                          >
                          > but
                          > *Mozilla Firefox,&,c=MozillaWindowClass
                          > in setup => auto tray min
                          > not work
                          > What can be?
                          > maybe some other setting that is interfering ?
                          > with autoit i can reference with:
                          >
                          > WinActivate("[CLASS:MozillaWindowClass; INSTANCE:2]")
                          >
                          > do it is possible with PP reference other the class also the istance?
                          > simple
                          > c=MozillaWindowClass
                          > not work because have more istance of it
                          >
                          > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I do not no one works for me. Mystery, patience.
                          > >
                          > > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > c=MozillaWindowClass
                          > > >
                          > > > c=*MozillaWindowClass
                          > > >
                          > > > c=*MozillaWindowCla*
                          > > >
                          > > > All of the above work for me. (Using one at a time, of course).

                        • diamantsus
                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 30 7:33 AM
                            --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@...> wrote:

                            > 1. What happens if only one instance is running?
                            yes
                            > 2. What happens if you try with default.pcf (use ctrl-right on bar to change configuration)?
                            is the same
                            > 3. Does window traymin under command work with multiple instances, e.g.if attached to hotkey right minimize?
                            yes,
                            *Window min "*Mozilla *,&,c=MozillaWindowClass"
                            works from hotkey

                            > In general, PowerPro matches the first instance it happens to find. There is no control on the order it searches.
                            >
                            > But for autotraymin I think it knows the window handle being minimized so it only checks that one. So I would have guessed that it would work with multiple instances. But I have not tested.
                            >

                            > Possibly the window state matchers can help (help index window caption).
                            >
                            > Just to be clear, this works if you left click minimize button on ff window. Not sure if it works in other circumstances, e.g. if you sciprt win.minimize. Also, start up auto tray min may not be reliable.
                            yes, i know.
                            ty.

                            > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > This work:
                            > > *Window min "*Mozilla Firefox,&,c=MozillaWindowClass"
                            > >
                            > > but
                            > > *Mozilla Firefox,&,c=MozillaWindowClass
                            > > in setup => auto tray min
                            > > not work
                            > > What can be?
                            > > maybe some other setting that is interfering ?
                            > > with autoit i can reference with:
                            > >
                            > > WinActivate("[CLASS:MozillaWindowClass; INSTANCE:2]")
                            > >
                            > > do it is possible with PP reference other the class also the istance?
                            > > simple
                            > > c=MozillaWindowClass
                            > > not work because have more istance of it
                            > >
                            > > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > I do not no one works for me. Mystery, patience.

                          • brucexs
                            Message 13 of 18 , May 1, 2012
                              c=*MozillaWindowCla*

                              works fine for me even with multiple instances. Don't know why yours doesnt, but all I can suggest at this stage of PowerPro devt (that is, done) that you experiment to you find something that works, if you can. I cannot provide any more input on this question.

                              But anyway, window traymin under attached to right click on minimize seems a nicer user interface to me <grin>.

                            • diamantsus
                              Message 14 of 18 , May 1, 2012
                                --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@...> wrote:

                                >But anyway, window traymin under attached to right click on minimize
                                >seems anicer user interface to me <grin>.

                                I not undstand how to do this.
                              • brucexs
                                Message 15 of 18 , May 1, 2012
                                  Create a hot key throught configure|key/mouse, then press "new".

                                  From Key/Mouse drop down, select right minimize. Then set command to
                                  window
                                  traymin
                                  under

                                  Press OK to exit out.

                                  Right clicking on minimize button in top right of any window should tray min the window under the mouse.

                                  --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@...> wrote:

                                  > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > >But anyway, window traymin under attached to right click on minimize
                                  > >seems anicer user interface to me <grin>.
                                  >
                                  > I not undstand how to do this.

                                • diamantsus
                                  Message 16 of 18 , May 1, 2012
                                    Ok, also this works with generic windows. but not with firefox. this is a mistake :) ty

                                    --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@...> wrote:

                                    > Create a hot key throught configure|key/mouse, then press "new".
                                    >
                                    > From Key/Mouse drop down, select right minimize. Then set command to
                                    > window
                                    > traymin
                                    > under
                                    >
                                    > Press OK to exit out.
                                    >
                                    > Right clicking on minimize button in top right of any window should tray min the window under the mouse.
                                    >

                                    > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@> wrote:
                                    > >

                                    > > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > >But anyway, window traymin under attached to right click on minimize
                                    > > >seems anicer user interface to me <grin>.
                                    > >
                                    > > I not undstand how to do this.

                                  • brucexs
                                    Message 17 of 18 , May 1, 2012
                                      Looks like FF intercepts the hot key before PPro has a chance to see it. Too bad.

                                      Chrome is the better browser anyway for the future and it seems to work there.

                                      Middle click does work with FF in my tests. It is a good idea to experiment a bit if something works on some windows and not others.

                                      --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@...> wrote:

                                      > Ok, also this works with generic windows. but not with firefox. this is a mistake :) ty
                                      >
                                      > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Create a hot key throught configure|key/mouse, then press "new".
                                      > >
                                      > > From Key/Mouse drop down, select right minimize. Then set command to
                                      > > window
                                      > > traymin
                                      > > under
                                      > >
                                      > > Press OK to exit out.
                                      > >
                                      > > Right clicking on minimize button in top right of any window should tray min the window under the mouse.
                                      > >

                                      > > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "diamantsus" <diamantsus@> wrote:

                                      > > > I not undstand how to do this.

                                    • diamantsus
                                      Message 18 of 18 , May 1, 2012
                                        --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@...> wrote:

                                        > Looks like FF intercepts the hot key before PPro has a chance to see it. Too bad.
                                        Not, I felt the first hour with the mouse with the keyboard WORKED.
                                        *window traywin active
                                        not work with mouse right or middle.
                                        BUT
                                        I now tryed to enable menu in firefox (I keep it hidden to save space) and so it also works with the mouse.
                                        but even then it does not work autotray

                                        > Chrome is the better browser anyway for the future and it seems to work there.
                                        I 'm still planning addon FF incomparably more powerful than chrome .