Re: shutdown powerpro

  • phkiefer
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 19 1:38 AM
      > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "honwahp" <honwahp@> wrote:
      > I need this script file because sometimes Powerpro bars are not "on top"

      Wouldn't it be easier in that case just to use "*configure restart"?

      Quoted from help:

      Use the command *Configure Restart.to restart PowerPro from the .pcf configuration file. This may help if other programs are interfering with PowerPro operation. Or try *Configure Rehook, which only resets the keyboard and mouse hooks.

      No need to shutdown and restart PPro if it works.
    • honwahp
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 19 2:35 AM
        But if my powerpro bars are not "on top" , I cannot click on a button to send the command "*Configure Restart", right? (or am I missing something?)

        --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "phkiefer" <philippkiefer@...> wrote:

        > > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "honwahp" <honwahp@> wrote:
        > > I need this script file because sometimes Powerpro bars are not "on top"
        >
        > Wouldn't it be easier in that case just to use "*configure restart"?
        >
        > Quoted from help:
        >
        > Use the command *Configure Restart.to restart PowerPro from the .pcf configuration file. This may help if other programs are interfering with PowerPro operation. Or try *Configure Rehook, which only resets the keyboard and mouse hooks.
        >
        > No need to shutdown and restart PPro if it works.

      • brucexs
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 19 4:14 AM
          You can use configure restart too. It depends on the situation. Whatever works for you. Sometimes you need to completely restart PowerPro, eg if some other program is interfering with it.

          As for bars needing to be on top, or even used, see help index "hotkeys" topic hot keys and mouse action commands . PowerPro bars to not need to be used at all. You could do everything with hot keys or hot keys and menus. You also use bars with them.

          You can also use a hot key or mouse action to show the bar.

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 19 4:59 AM
            I get it now. Thanks brucexs and phkiefer (especially to brucexs for pointing me to help)

            --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@...> wrote:

            > You can use configure restart too. It depends on the situation. Whatever works for you. Sometimes you need to completely restart PowerPro, eg if some other program is interfering with it.
            >
            > As for bars needing to be on top, or even used, see help index "hotkeys" topic hot keys and mouse action commands . PowerPro bars to not need to be used at all. You could do everything with hot keys or hot keys and menus. You also use bars with them.
            >
            > You can also use a hot key or mouse action to show the bar.
            >

            > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "honwahp" <honwahp@> wrote:
            > >
            > > But if my powerpro bars are not "on top" , I cannot click on a button to send the command "*Configure Restart", right? (or am I missing something?)

            > > > Wouldn't it be easier in that case just to use "*configure restart"?
            > > >
            > > > Quoted from help:
            > > >
            > > > Use the command *Configure Restart.to restart PowerPro from the .pcf configuration file. This may help if other programs are interfering with PowerPro operation. Or try *Configure Rehook, which only resets the keyboard and mouse hooks.
            > > >
            > > > No need to shutdown and restart PPro if it works.

          • Rick Rauterkus
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 19 5:36 PM
              I have this same issue sometimes. I just created hot key action in
              PowerPro (Key/Mouse tab) that does *Bar Show YourBarName. Added a second
              one in the more commands area. Now when they are not on top, I just hit
              the hot key and they are back, no need to restart PP.

              On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:22 PM, honwahp <honwahp@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Yes it does work. Thanks! (I need this script file because sometimes
              > Powerpro bars are not "on top", and I use this script to shutdown powerpro
              > and then start it again) By the way, is it possible to shutdown and
              > relaunch powerpro in one script file? Help is much appreciated. (I can't
              > seem to find related info in the help file)
              >
              > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@...> wrote:
              >

              > > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "honwahp" <honwahp@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I am trying to create a ".powerpro" file so that when run, powerpro
              > shuts down. Is this possible? So far I only succeeded in creating a
              > ".powerpro" file to show or hide a bar.
              > > >
              > > Putting the command
              > > Shutdown PowerPro noconfirm
              > > in the script file should work.

            • honwahp
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 21 12:18 AM
                Thanks for sharing the idea. I'll give it a try (I don't like using hotkeys but I will send the command using pop up menu)