Re: shutdown powerpro

  • honwahp
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 18 10:22 AM
      Yes it does work. Thanks! (I need this script file because sometimes Powerpro bars are not "on top", and I use this script to shutdown powerpro and then start it again) By the way, is it possible to shutdown and relaunch powerpro in one script file? Help is much appreciated. (I can't seem to find related info in the help file)

      --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@...> wrote:

      > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "honwahp" <honwahp@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am trying to create a ".powerpro" file so that when run, powerpro shuts down. Is this possible? So far I only succeeded in creating a ".powerpro" file to show or hide a bar.
      > >
      > Putting the command
      > Shutdown PowerPro noconfirm
      > in the script file should work.

    • brucexs
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 18 11:08 AM
        You'd have to use a .cmd file, as PowerPro cannot launch itself!

        To shutdown and restart PowerPro in the .cmd file, try somthing like
        "c:\yourpath\powerpro.exe" shutdown powerpro noconfirm
        "c:\yourpath\powerpro.exe"

        Help Index command line for PowerPro, item running built in commands from command line.

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 18 12:59 PM
          --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "honwahp" <honwahp@...> wrote:

          > Yes it does work. Thanks! (I need this script file because sometimes Powerpro bars are not "on top",

          How keys should work in that case.

          Lots of options:

          You could run the command (or .cmd) directly from the hot key.

          You could show a menu from hotkey.

          You could show the bar and temporarily move it to the mouse (f position is floating) using

          Bar tomouse
        • honwahp
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 19 12:34 AM
            Yes it works. Thank you very much!

            --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@...> wrote:

            > You'd have to use a .cmd file, as PowerPro cannot launch itself!
            >
            > To shutdown and restart PowerPro in the .cmd file, try somthing like
            > "c:\yourpath\powerpro.exe" shutdown powerpro noconfirm
            > "c:\yourpath\powerpro.exe"
            >
            > Help Index command line for PowerPro, item running built in commands from command line.
            >

            > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "honwahp" <honwahp@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Yes it does work. Thanks! (I need this script file because sometimes Powerpro bars are not "on top", and I use this script to shutdown powerpro and then start it again) By the way, is it possible to shutdown and relaunch powerpro in one script file? Help is much appreciated. (I can't seem to find related info in the help file)
            > >
            > > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@> wrote:

            > > > Putting the command
            > > > Shutdown PowerPro noconfirm
            > > > in the script file should work.

          • phkiefer
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 19 1:38 AM
              > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "honwahp" <honwahp@> wrote:
              > I need this script file because sometimes Powerpro bars are not "on top"

              Wouldn't it be easier in that case just to use "*configure restart"?

              Quoted from help:

              Use the command *Configure Restart.to restart PowerPro from the .pcf configuration file. This may help if other programs are interfering with PowerPro operation. Or try *Configure Rehook, which only resets the keyboard and mouse hooks.

              No need to shutdown and restart PPro if it works.
            • honwahp
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 19 2:35 AM
                But if my powerpro bars are not "on top" , I cannot click on a button to send the command "*Configure Restart", right? (or am I missing something?)

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 19 4:14 AM
                  You can use configure restart too. It depends on the situation. Whatever works for you. Sometimes you need to completely restart PowerPro, eg if some other program is interfering with it.

                  As for bars needing to be on top, or even used, see help index "hotkeys" topic hot keys and mouse action commands . PowerPro bars to not need to be used at all. You could do everything with hot keys or hot keys and menus. You also use bars with them.

                  You can also use a hot key or mouse action to show the bar.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 19 4:59 AM
                    I get it now. Thanks brucexs and phkiefer (especially to brucexs for pointing me to help)

                    --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "brucexs" <brucexs@...> wrote:

                    > You can use configure restart too. It depends on the situation. Whatever works for you. Sometimes you need to completely restart PowerPro, eg if some other program is interfering with it.
                    >
                    > As for bars needing to be on top, or even used, see help index "hotkeys" topic hot keys and mouse action commands . PowerPro bars to not need to be used at all. You could do everything with hot keys or hot keys and menus. You also use bars with them.
                    >
                    > You can also use a hot key or mouse action to show the bar.
                    >

                    > --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "honwahp" <honwahp@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > But if my powerpro bars are not "on top" , I cannot click on a button to send the command "*Configure Restart", right? (or am I missing something?)

                    > > > Wouldn't it be easier in that case just to use "*configure restart"?
                    > > >
                    > > > Quoted from help:
                    > > >
                    > > > Use the command *Configure Restart.to restart PowerPro from the .pcf configuration file. This may help if other programs are interfering with PowerPro operation. Or try *Configure Rehook, which only resets the keyboard and mouse hooks.
                    > > >
                    > > > No need to shutdown and restart PPro if it works.

                  • Rick Rauterkus
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 19 5:36 PM
                      I have this same issue sometimes. I just created hot key action in
                      PowerPro (Key/Mouse tab) that does *Bar Show YourBarName. Added a second
                      one in the more commands area. Now when they are not on top, I just hit
                      the hot key and they are back, no need to restart PP.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 21 12:18 AM
                        Thanks for sharing the idea. I'll give it a try (I don't like using hotkeys but I will send the command using pop up menu)