Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [power-pro] PowerPro or KeyLogger

Expand Messages
  • powerpro.yg@datmail.com
    ... nope, nope and yes it s possible =) Look in the help file|Index tab|logging keys ...and all shall be revealed =) David Troesch
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 3, 2003
    View Source
    • 0 Attachment
      > Kindly anyone guide about this situation. Is there really any
      > SPYWARE, ADWARE or KEYLOGGER codes in this DLL.

      nope, nope and yes it's possible =)

      Look in the help file|Index tab|logging keys

      ...and all shall be revealed =)

      David Troesch
    • Alex Peters
      ... PowerPro does include the ability to log keystrokes, but this feature is not automatically enabled. To enable it, the following PowerPro command must be
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 3, 2003
      View Source
      • 0 Attachment
        --- Nasir wrote:

        > Is PowerPro program contain any KeyLogger module. ?

        > Becuase KeyLoggerKiller software downloaded from www.tooto.com
        > detected PPRO.DLL as KeyLogger Module.

        PowerPro does include the ability to log keystrokes, but this feature
        is not automatically enabled. To enable it, the following PowerPro
        command must be executed:

        *Exec LogKeys C:\Path\To\Log.txt
        (or similar)

        Cheers,
        Alex

        ICQ# 37414292
      • Cüneyt
        ... (just thinking loud, speculating about what PP can do) Not necessarily computer-illiterate, but you re apparently a fresh new user of PP, aren t you? PP
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 3, 2003
        View Source
        • 0 Attachment
          nasir1164 wrote (on 03.12.2003 05:39):

          >Is PowerPro program contain any KeyLogger module. ?
          >...
          >Kindly anyone guide about this situation. Is there really any
          >SPYWARE, ADWARE or KEYLOGGER codes in this DLL.
          >
          >
          (just thinking loud, speculating about what PP can do)

          Not necessarily computer-illiterate, but you're apparently a fresh new
          user of PP, aren't you? PP can a.o. watch over URL's in browsers, I
          guess that's why IE-server...

          Anyway, keylogging is *not SPYWARE*, this is humiliation of PP and this
          community. No "Spyware" could have so many loyal fans ;) But yes, PP can
          log keys on user's demand. And it can send keys to other programs. And
          it can redefine keys, Keytrap plugin can even disable Ctrl-Alt-Del, etc.
          And yes I could write a PP-script which would be seen as a virus, e.g.
          one which can dial into Internet, delete critical files, disable
          antivir/firewall progs, submit sensitive data (clipboard data, random
          files from your "my documents" dir, most-accessed documents, keylogs of
          common Telnet/SSH/mail programs or common Internet banking sites, some
          registry fields like serial #'s, password hashes etc.) to my
          "victim-pool", etc.... Theoratically, it's perfectly possible. Given
          enough plugins I could even read psychoanalyze one's childhood or
          transmogrify her/him... :P You see how much PP can do? Go figure.

          But being able to do these with PP does not mean it's Spyware od Adware;
          you can do the same with VBScript, Autoit, other grown macro tools, or
          full-feature prog-langs such as C/C++, Delphi, etc. So, would you now
          call VBScript itself a virus? (well, I definitely do so =] but that's
          not the point...) One C-teacher had once said this: "C is like a rope,
          you can hang yourself, or you can climb over high walls". PP works
          pretty much like this.

          peace :)
        • Dalibor Lanik
          ... ??Keytrap plugin can even disable Ctrl-Alt-Del, etc. Hey, how would you achieve this? (yes, yes - i m too lazy to study the documentation :) D.
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 3, 2003
          View Source
          • 0 Attachment
            --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, Cüneyt <cu_lists@c...> wrote:
            ??Keytrap plugin can even disable Ctrl-Alt-Del, etc.

            Hey, how would you achieve this? (yes, yes - i'm too lazy to study
            the documentation :)

            D.
          • Cüneyt
            ... KeyTrap.SetCtrlAltDel( 0 ) to disable, 1 to enable. cü
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 3, 2003
            View Source
            • 0 Attachment
              Dalibor:

              >Cüneyt:
              >??Keytrap plugin can even disable Ctrl-Alt-Del, etc.
              >
              >Hey, how would you achieve this? (yes, yes - i'm too lazy to study
              >the documentation :)
              >
              >
              KeyTrap.SetCtrlAltDel("0") to disable, 1 to enable.
            • alanmartin_au
              Cüneyt wrote: C ??Keytrap plugin can even disable Ctrl-Alt-Del, etc. Dalibor wrote: D Hey, how would you achieve this? (yes, yes - i m too lazy D to study
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 3, 2003
              View Source
              • 0 Attachment
                Cüneyt wrote:
                C> ??Keytrap plugin can even disable Ctrl-Alt-Del, etc.

                Dalibor wrote:
                D> Hey, how would you achieve this? (yes, yes - i'm too lazy
                D> to study the documentation :)

                Russel wrote (in keytrap.txt):

                R> KeyTrap.SetCtrlAltDel("0")

                R> "1" - enable <ctrl>+<alt>+<del> keyboard combination.
                R> "0" - disable <ctrl>+<alt>+<del> keyboard combination.

                Alan
              • keno
                i hope i m not mixing something up -testing too much software- but this service disables the launch of a the taskmanager and not the keys. under win2k the
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 3, 2003
                View Source
                • 0 Attachment
                  i hope i'm not mixing something up -testing too much software- but this
                  service disables the launch of a the taskmanager and not the keys.
                  under win2k the default action for ctrl alt del is the "windows security"
                  dialog from where u have buttons to lock or shut down and the
                  taskmanager button will become greyed out on
                  KeyTrap.SetCtrlAltDel("1")


                  C> KeyTrap.SetCtrlAltDel("0") to disable, 1 to enable.
                  C> cü
                • Cüneyt
                  ... Hmm, you re right, I hadn t tested it, but one can always start taskmgr with Ctrl-Shift-Esc (under nt-family). I always wondered why ppl use mostly
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 3, 2003
                  View Source
                  • 0 Attachment
                    keno wrote (on 04.12.2003 02:52):

                    >i hope i'm not mixing something up -testing too much software- but this
                    >service disables the launch of a the taskmanager and not the keys.
                    >
                    >C> KeyTrap.SetCtrlAltDel("0") to disable, 1 to enable.
                    >
                    >
                    Hmm, you're right, I hadn't tested it, but one can always start taskmgr
                    with Ctrl-Shift-Esc (under nt-family). I always wondered why ppl use
                    mostly Ctrl-Alt-Del anyway.
                  • nasir1164
                    ... new ... this ... PP can ... And ... etc. ... e.g. ... random ... keylogs of ... some ... Given ... Adware; ... or ... now ... that s ... rope, ... Hi You
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 3, 2003
                    View Source
                    • 0 Attachment
                      --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, Cüneyt <cu_lists@c...> wrote:
                      > nasir1164 wrote (on 03.12.2003 05:39):
                      >
                      > >Is PowerPro program contain any KeyLogger module. ?
                      > >...
                      > >Kindly anyone guide about this situation. Is there really any
                      > >SPYWARE, ADWARE or KEYLOGGER codes in this DLL.
                      > >
                      > >
                      > (just thinking loud, speculating about what PP can do)
                      >
                      > Not necessarily computer-illiterate, but you're apparently a fresh
                      new
                      > user of PP, aren't you? PP can a.o. watch over URL's in browsers, I
                      > guess that's why IE-server...
                      >
                      > Anyway, keylogging is *not SPYWARE*, this is humiliation of PP and
                      this
                      > community. No "Spyware" could have so many loyal fans ;) But yes,
                      PP can
                      > log keys on user's demand. And it can send keys to other programs.
                      And
                      > it can redefine keys, Keytrap plugin can even disable Ctrl-Alt-Del,
                      etc.
                      > And yes I could write a PP-script which would be seen as a virus,
                      e.g.
                      > one which can dial into Internet, delete critical files, disable
                      > antivir/firewall progs, submit sensitive data (clipboard data,
                      random
                      > files from your "my documents" dir, most-accessed documents,
                      keylogs of
                      > common Telnet/SSH/mail programs or common Internet banking sites,
                      some
                      > registry fields like serial #'s, password hashes etc.) to my
                      > "victim-pool", etc.... Theoratically, it's perfectly possible.
                      Given
                      > enough plugins I could even read psychoanalyze one's childhood or
                      > transmogrify her/him... :P You see how much PP can do? Go figure.
                      >
                      > But being able to do these with PP does not mean it's Spyware od
                      Adware;
                      > you can do the same with VBScript, Autoit, other grown macro tools,
                      or
                      > full-feature prog-langs such as C/C++, Delphi, etc. So, would you
                      now
                      > call VBScript itself a virus? (well, I definitely do so =] but
                      that's
                      > not the point...) One C-teacher had once said this: "C is like a
                      rope,
                      > you can hang yourself, or you can climb over high walls". PP works
                      > pretty much like this.
                      >
                      > peace :)
                      > cü

                      Hi

                      You are right, I am new to PP. Anyway thanks for your detail reply,
                      now I can use this powerful tool without any fear and further study
                      its help.
                    • Cüneyt
                      ... sorry, when it s disabled, ctrl-shift-esc doesn t work for taskmgr, too ... cü
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 3, 2003
                      View Source
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Cüneyt wrote (on 04.12.2003 04:47):

                        > keno wrote (on 04.12.2003 02:52):
                        >
                        >> i hope i'm not mixing something up -testing too much software- but this
                        >> service disables the launch of a the taskmanager and not the keys.
                        >>
                        >> C> KeyTrap.SetCtrlAltDel("0") to disable, 1 to enable.
                        >>
                        >>
                        > Hmm, you're right, I hadn't tested it, but one can always start
                        > taskmgr with Ctrl-Shift-Esc (under nt-family). I always wondered why
                        > ppl use mostly Ctrl-Alt-Del anyway.
                        > cü

                        sorry, when it's disabled, ctrl-shift-esc doesn't work for taskmgr, too
                        :| but process explorer from sysinternals doesn't obey it ;)
                      • Russel
                        ... I should have stated this in the readme file for keytrap. :) AFAIK, I don t think there is a way to literally trap the + + combination in a
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 3, 2003
                        View Source
                        • 0 Attachment
                          >
                          > i hope i'm not mixing something up -testing too much software- but this
                          > service disables the launch of a the taskmanager and not the keys.
                          > under win2k the default action for ctrl alt del is the "windows security"
                          > dialog from where u have buttons to lock or shut down and the
                          > taskmanager button will become greyed out on
                          > KeyTrap.SetCtrlAltDel("1")
                          >

                          I should have stated this in the readme file for keytrap. :)

                          AFAIK, I don't think there is a way to literally trap the
                          <ctrl>+<alt>+<del> combination in a NT-based OS.
                          One of the reasons is security against malicious processes.
                        • Cüneyt
                          ... You re right. I loosely remember the help button on logon-screen states the reasoning as to circumvent keyloggers . And from my exp. I d say, Ctrl-Alt-Del
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 3, 2003
                          View Source
                          • 0 Attachment
                            Russel wrote (on 04.12.2003 07:12):

                            >AFAIK, I don't think there is a way to literally trap the
                            ><ctrl>+<alt>+<del> combination in a NT-based OS.
                            >One of the reasons is security against malicious processes.
                            >
                            >
                            You're right. I loosely remember the help button on logon-screen states
                            the reasoning as "to circumvent keyloggers". And from my exp. I'd say,
                            Ctrl-Alt-Del works even the other keys (notably Ctrl-Shift-Esc) don't
                            respond, so I assume that combo has some kind of an "lowest-level
                            interrupt".

                          • alanmartin_au
                            ... Similarly, from the documentation for autoit.dll, Send Command Syntax , [about au.send(keys)] N.B. Windows does not allow the simulation of the
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 3, 2003
                            View Source
                            • 0 Attachment
                              Russel wrote:
                              > I should have stated this in the readme file for keytrap. :)
                              >
                              > AFAIK, I don't think there is a way to literally trap the
                              > <ctrl>+<alt>+<del> combination in a NT-based OS.
                              > One of the reasons is security against malicious processes.

                              Similarly, from the documentation for autoit.dll,
                              "Send Command Syntax", [about au.send(keys)]

                              "N.B. Windows does not allow the simulation of
                              the "CTRL-ALT-DEL" combination!"
                            • powerpro.yg@datmail.com
                              ... Not sure how, but it is possible to trap out because when I was taking my tests (on the computer) for my MCSE cert ctrl+alt+del and Ctrl+Shift+esc didn t
                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 4, 2003
                              View Source
                              • 0 Attachment
                                > You're right. I loosely remember the help button on logon-screen states
                                > the reasoning as "to circumvent keyloggers". And from my exp. I'd say,
                                > Ctrl-Alt-Del works even the other keys (notably Ctrl-Shift-Esc) don't
                                > respond, so I assume that combo has some kind of an "lowest-level
                                > interrupt".

                                Not sure how, but it is possible to trap out because when I was taking my
                                tests (on the computer) for my MCSE cert ctrl+alt+del and Ctrl+Shift+esc
                                didn't work =)

                                David Troesch
                              • keno
                                you can allways remap the keyboard under 2k/XP. its fun. make your right win and ctrl button do something less duplicated :-) and give your caps lock key any
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 4, 2003
                                View Source
                                • 0 Attachment
                                  you can allways remap the keyboard under 2k/XP. its fun. make your
                                  right win and ctrl button do something less duplicated :-) and give
                                  your caps lock key any sense. you can disable keys too. "keytweak"
                                  from travis krumsick allows some multimedia buttons to be remapped
                                  too. for standard keys the MS tool "remapkey" (from the NT 4&5
                                  resource kit , I think) does a slightly better job.


                                  powerpro.yg@... <powerpro.yg@...> wrote:

                                  >> You're right. I loosely remember the help button on logon-screen states
                                  >> the reasoning as "to circumvent keyloggers". And from my exp. I'd say,
                                  >> Ctrl-Alt-Del works even the other keys (notably Ctrl-Shift-Esc) don't
                                  >> respond, so I assume that combo has some kind of an "lowest-level
                                  >> interrupt".

                                  p> Not sure how, but it is possible to trap out because when I was taking my
                                  p> tests (on the computer) for my MCSE cert ctrl+alt+del and Ctrl+Shift+esc
                                  p> didn't work =)

                                  p> David Troesch
                                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.