Re: [power-pro] Re: runfile with (arg) - solved

  • Tilman Brandl
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hi ed,

      thanks for the example.

      I've done a few things

      - checked my version of PPro - it's already 3.8.
      - did a refresh install over my previous one

      I've also tried the following
      - runfile.test("foobar") from the command line: works fine
      - runfile.test("foobar") from inside a new scriptfile: works fine
      - *Script Runfile "test"("foobar") from a hotkey: arg(1) is empty
      - *Script Runfile "test"("foobar") from a new button on my main Bar:
      arg(1) is empty
      ; note: the latter two need to have quotes around the filename in order
      to access the scriptfile test.powerpro
      - I've then used the usual dialog for setting up commands, but this time
      didn't use the default entries, instead just entered
      runfile.test("foobar") into the (1st) command entry field. Didn't know
      that this was possible at all, but - it WORKED !

      Experimenting is the core of science, isn't it?

      Seems this solves my tiny little 'problem'. Learned something new too.

      Thanks a lot

      Tilman

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
        Hi Tilman,
        --- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "Tilman Brandl"
        <tilman.brandl@t...> wrote:

        > - runfile.test("foobar") from the command line: works fine
        > - runfile.test("foobar") from inside a new scriptfile: works fine
        > - *Script Runfile "test"("foobar") from a hotkey: arg(1) is empty
        > - *Script Runfile "test"("foobar") from a new button on my main Bar:
        > arg(1) is empty

        As I said in my previous post, use of args for scripts is only
        possible in the following syntax:
        runfile.test("foobar")
        or simply:
        .test("foobar")
        but only from inside PowerPro of course and of course
        without "*Script Runfile" before it. The old "*Script Runfile" is
        different and kind of obsolete. It doesn't work with args.
        Sorry, but I thought that was clear...

        > - I've then used the usual dialog for setting up commands, but this
        time
        > didn't use the default entries, instead just entered
        > runfile.test("foobar") into the (1st) command entry field. Didn't
        know
        > that this was possible at all, but - it WORKED !

        Sure it works. This is the way it is supposed to be used. Thought
        that was clear, too. Sorry again.
        But isn't that mentioned somewhere in the scripting tutorial? Did you
        look into that?

        Mockey
      • Tilman Brandl
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
          Hi mockey,

          > ........................................................... of course
          and of course
          > without "*Script Runfile" before it. The old "*Script Runfile" is
          > different and kind of obsolete. ....

          ... and
          > Sorry, but I thought that was clear...

          LOL.

          Expressions like these and of course 'of course' are part of my problem
          with PPro <bg>

          For instance, how should I've known about *Script Runfile being obsolete
          ?

          I'm only a weekend and hobby programmer, with just a little bit of
          experience in (very early) Basic, Pascal & VB. So - you'll understand,
          that PPro is quite a challenge. But it's too helpful for me to leave it
          to the pros alone. ;-)

          > > that this was possible at all, but - it WORKED !
          >
          > Sure it works. This is the way it is supposed to be used.

          LOL again. So be it ;-) I've learned quite a bit from you guys. Thanks!

          Tilman