LiFeBATT Group Buy Offer: Complete HPS Packs Only!

  • Don Harmon
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 21, 2008
      We are offering a "Limited Olympics Group Buy" of our HPS Packs until August
      16, 2008 for those who are looking for complete LiFePO4 battery packs. This offer expires
      on August 16, 2008 and will not be available after that.

      This offer is based on a minimum of (6) HPS Pack orders and you can
      take 20% off of the Retail Price of the pack during this special
      offer. See our website: www.lifebatt.com for details on the product.
      This is not a spam post, and if it violates any of the rules, we
      apologize in advance ? Couldn't find a suitable category to post it in?

      Shipping is FOB, Taiwan by UPS and will be added to your order.
      This offer is for complete HPS Packs and has nothing to do with loose cells.
      Simply download the Purchase Order form on our website: http://www.lifebatt.com/lb_po.pdf
      and email or fax it over with your order. Delivery time is approx. two weeks from receipt of
      payment which is by Master or Visa card. We will also accept Bank wire transfers.
      No personal checks or PayPal, sorry.

      Best,

      Don Harmon

      LiFeBATT, Inc.

      www.lifebatt.com
      don@...

    • mileshellon
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 21, 2008
        Hi Don,

        Can we take advantage of this offer through LiFeBATT UK?

        Miles

        --- In power-assist@yahoogroups.com, "Don Harmon" <formfactory@...> wrote:

        > We are offering a "Limited Olympics Group Buy" of our HPS Packs
        until August
        > 16, 2008 for those who are looking for complete LiFePO4 battery
        packs. This offer expires
        > on August 16, 2008 and will not be available after that.
        >
        > This offer is based on a minimum of (6) HPS Pack orders and you can
        > take 20% off of the Retail Price of the pack during this special
        > offer. See our website: www.lifebatt.com for details on the product.
        > This is not a spam post, and if it violates any of the rules, we
        > apologize in advance ? Couldn't find a suitable category to post it in?
        >
        > Shipping is FOB, Taiwan by UPS and will be added to your order.
        > This offer is for complete HPS Packs and has nothing to do with
        loose cells.
        > Simply download the Purchase Order form on our website:
        http://www.lifebatt.com/lb_po.pdf
        > and email or fax it over with your order. Delivery time is approx.
        two weeks from receipt of
        > payment which is by Master or Visa card. We will also accept Bank
        wire transfers.
        > No personal checks or PayPal, sorry.
        >
        > Best,
        >
        > Don Harmon
        >
        > LiFeBATT, Inc.
        >
        > www.lifebatt.com
        > don@...

      • Don Harmon
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 21, 2008
          Hi Miles,

          That would be up to Ian Goodman. This is strictly a U.S. offer and our International Distributors set their own prices and make their own special offers.

          Best,

          Don Harmon
          LiFeBATT, Inc.

          Can we take advantage of this offer through LiFeBATT UK?

          Miles

          --- In power-assist@yahoogroups.com, "Don Harmon" <formfactory@...> wrote:

          > We are offering a "Limited Olympics Group Buy" of our HPS Packs
          until August
          > 16, 2008 for those who are looking for complete LiFePO4 battery
          packs. This offer expires
          > on August 16, 2008 and will not be available after that.
          >
          > This offer is based on a minimum of (6) HPS Pack orders and you can
          > take 20% off of the Retail Price of the pack during this special
          > offer. See our website: www.lifebatt.com for details on the product.
          > This is not a spam post, and if it violates any of the rules, we
          > apologize in advance ? Couldn't find a suitable category to post it in?
          >
          > Shipping is FOB, Taiwan by UPS and will be added to your order.
          > This offer is for complete HPS Packs and has nothing to do with
          loose cells.
          > Simply download the Purchase Order form on our website:
          http://www.lifebatt.com/lb_po.pdf
          > and email or fax it over with your order. Delivery time is approx.
          two weeks from receipt of
          > payment which is by Master or Visa card. We will also accept Bank
          wire transfers.
          > No personal checks or PayPal, sorry.
          >
          > Best,
          >
          > Don Harmon
          >
          > LiFeBATT, Inc.
          >
          > www.lifebatt.com
          > don@...

        • dustymadox
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 22, 2008
            Miles, you may want to check out these batteries.
            Starting bid: US $121.95 12 volt pack on Ebay

            Exclusive two year warranty. If you've treated the cells properly
            (no nails, no tire marks, no hammer dents!) and you're not happy with
            them, return them for a refund or replacement.

            Chargers, battery management boards, low voltage boards, and
            balancers are available. We'll provide info on request to
            purchasers. We'll also provide capacity, discharge, and MSDS data
            for your cells on request. Other quantities are available.

            This auction is for a set of four deep-cycle C-LiFePO4 40138 cells.
            Each cell is 1.6 inches in diameter and 5.4 inches long. Overall
            length with terminal bolts is 6.75 inches. They weigh just under 13
            ounces each.

            http://tinyurl.com/6ohou5

            --- In power-assist@yahoogroups.com, "mileshellon" <miles@...> wrote:

            > Hi Don,
            >
            > Can we take advantage of this offer through LiFeBATT UK?
            >
            > Miles
            >
            > --- In power-assist@yahoogroups.com, "Don Harmon" <formfactory@>
            wrote:

            > > We are offering a "Limited Olympics Group Buy" of our HPS Packs
            > until August
            > > 16, 2008 for those who are looking for complete LiFePO4 battery
            > packs. This offer expires
            > > on August 16, 2008 and will not be available after that.
            > >
            > > This offer is based on a minimum of (6) HPS Pack orders and you
            can
            > > take 20% off of the Retail Price of the pack during this special
            > > offer. See our website: www.lifebatt.com for details on the
            product.
            > > This is not a spam post, and if it violates any of the rules, we
            > > apologize in advance ? Couldn't find a suitable category to post
            it in?

            > > Shipping is FOB, Taiwan by UPS and will be added to your order.
            > > This offer is for complete HPS Packs and has nothing to do with
            > loose cells.
            > > Simply download the Purchase Order form on our website:
            > http://www.lifebatt.com/lb_po.pdf
            > > and email or fax it over with your order. Delivery time is
            approx.
            > two weeks from receipt of
            > > payment which is by Master or Visa card. We will also accept Bank
            > wire transfers.
            > > No personal checks or PayPal, sorry.
            > >
            > > Best,
            > >
            > > Don Harmon
            > >
            > > LiFeBATT, Inc.
            > >
            > > www.lifebatt.com
            > > don@

          • harmon_don
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 22, 2008
              YES YOU CAN. Ian has a minimum amount but same discount available
              in the U.K.

              Thanks,

              Don

              > Hi Don,
              >
              > Can we take advantage of this offer through LiFeBATT UK?
              >
              > Miles
              >
              > --- In power-assist@yahoogroups.com, "Don Harmon" <formfactory@>
              wrote:

              > > We are offering a "Limited Olympics Group Buy" of our HPS Packs
              > until August
              > > 16, 2008 for those who are looking for complete LiFePO4 battery
              > packs. This offer expires
              > > on August 16, 2008 and will not be available after that.
              > >
              > > This offer is based on a minimum of (6) HPS Pack orders and you
              can
              > > take 20% off of the Retail Price of the pack during this special
              > > offer. See our website: www.lifebatt.com for details on the
              product.
              > > This is not a spam post, and if it violates any of the rules, we
              > > apologize in advance ? Couldn't find a suitable category to
              post it in?

              > > Shipping is FOB, Taiwan by UPS and will be added to your order.
              > > This offer is for complete HPS Packs and has nothing to do with
              > loose cells.
              > > Simply download the Purchase Order form on our website:
              > http://www.lifebatt.com/lb_po.pdf
              > > and email or fax it over with your order. Delivery time is
              approx.
              > two weeks from receipt of
              > > payment which is by Master or Visa card. We will also accept
              Bank
              > wire transfers.
              > > No personal checks or PayPal, sorry.
              > >
              > > Best,
              > >
              > > Don Harmon
              > >
              > > LiFeBATT, Inc.
              > >
              > > www.lifebatt.com
              > > don@

            • EVsolutions
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 22, 2008
                I take it you think this is a good price for 4 Cells---> it sorta okay if it
                sells at $161.00 but if it went to $180.00 the price is no longer worth
                buying them.

                joshua goldberg

                evsolutions@...

                www.evsolutions.net

                http://tinyurl. <http://tinyurl.com/6ohou5> com/6ohou5

                --- In power-assist@ <mailto:power-assist%40yahoogroups.com>

                wrote:

                > > We are offering a "Limited Olympics Group Buy" of our HPS Packs
                > until August
                > > 16, 2008 for those who are looking for complete LiFePO4 battery
                > packs. This offer expires
                > > on August 16, 2008 and will not be available after that.
                > >
                > > This offer is based on a minimum of (6) HPS Pack orders and you
                can
                > > take 20% off of the Retail Price of the pack during this special
                > > offer. See our website: www.lifebatt.com for details on the
                product.
                > > This is not a spam post, and if it violates any of the rules, we
                > > apologize in advance ? Couldn't find a suitable category to post
                it in?

                > > Shipping is FOB, Taiwan by UPS and will be added to your order.
                > > This offer is for complete HPS Packs and has nothing to do with
                > loose cells.
                > > Simply download the Purchase Order form on our website:
                > http://www.lifebatt <http://www.lifebatt.com/lb_po.pdf> .com/lb_po.pdf
                > > and email or fax it over with your order. Delivery time is
                approx.
                > two weeks from receipt of
                > > payment which is by Master or Visa card. We will also accept Bank
                > wire transfers.
                > > No personal checks or PayPal, sorry.
                > >
                > > Best,
                > >
                > > Don Harmon
                > >
                > > LiFeBATT, Inc.
                > >
                > > www.lifebatt.com
                > > don@

                6:00 AM

              • dustymadox
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 22, 2008
                  Wth one day left on the bidding the price is still $121.95 for four
                  cells.
                  23-08 21:29:35 PDT (1 day)
                  Shipping costs: US $9.30 for 1 day shipping in the US. The Buy NOW
                  price: US $161.95 so it wont go over that.
                  joshua goldberg has a way of twisting things.
                  http://tinyurl.com/6ohou5
                  --- In power-assist@yahoogroups.com, "EVsolutions" <evsolutions@...>
                  wrote:

                  > I take it you think this is a good price for 4 Cells---> it sorta
                  okay if it
                  > sells at $161.00 but if it went to $180.00 the price is no longer
                  worth
                  > buying them.
                  >

                  > joshua goldberg
                  >
                  > evsolutions@...
                  >
                  > www.evsolutions.net

                  Packs
                  > Only!
                  >

                  > Miles, you may want to check out these batteries.
                  > Starting bid: US $121.95 12 volt pack on Ebay
                  >
                  > Exclusive two year warranty. If you've treated the cells properly
                  > (no nails, no tire marks, no hammer dents!) and you're not happy
                  with
                  > them, return them for a refund or replacement.
                  >
                  > Chargers, battery management boards, low voltage boards, and
                  > balancers are available. We'll provide info on request to
                  > purchasers. We'll also provide capacity, discharge, and MSDS data
                  > for your cells on request. Other quantities are available.
                  >
                  > This auction is for a set of four deep-cycle C-LiFePO4 40138 cells.
                  > Each cell is 1.6 inches in diameter and 5.4 inches long. Overall
                  > length with terminal bolts is 6.75 inches. They weigh just under 13
                  > ounces each.
                  >
                  > http://tinyurl. <http://tinyurl.com/6ohou5> com/6ohou5
                  >
                  > --- In power-assist@ <mailto:power-assist%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > yahoogroups.com, "mileshellon" <miles@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi Don,
                  > >
                  > > Can we take advantage of this offer through LiFeBATT UK?
                  > >
                  > > Miles
                  > >
                  > > --- In power-assist@ <mailto:power-assist%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > yahoogroups.com, "Don Harmon" <formfactory@>
                  > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > We are offering a "Limited Olympics Group Buy" of our HPS Packs
                  > > until August
                  > > > 16, 2008 for those who are looking for complete LiFePO4 battery
                  > > packs. This offer expires
                  > > > on August 16, 2008 and will not be available after that.
                  > > >
                  > > > This offer is based on a minimum of (6) HPS Pack orders and you
                  > can
                  > > > take 20% off of the Retail Price of the pack during this special
                  > > > offer. See our website: www.lifebatt.com for details on the
                  > product.
                  > > > This is not a spam post, and if it violates any of the rules, we
                  > > > apologize in advance ? Couldn't find a suitable category to
                  post
                  > it in?
                  > > >
                  > > > Shipping is FOB, Taiwan by UPS and will be added to your order.
                  > > > This offer is for complete HPS Packs and has nothing to do with
                  > > loose cells.
                  > > > Simply download the Purchase Order form on our website:
                  > > http://www.lifebatt
                  <http://www.lifebatt.com/lb_po.pdf> .com/lb_po.pdf
                  > > > and email or fax it over with your order. Delivery time is
                  > approx.
                  > > two weeks from receipt of
                  > > > payment which is by Master or Visa card. We will also accept
                  Bank
                  > > wire transfers.
                  > > > No personal checks or PayPal, sorry.
                  > > >
                  > > > Best,
                  > > >
                  > > > Don Harmon
                  > > >
                  > > > LiFeBATT, Inc.
                  > > >
                  > > > www.lifebatt.com
                  > > > don@

                  7/22/2008
                  > 6:00 AM

                • Dan Sullivan
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 22, 2008
                    On 21 Jul 2008 at 11:59, Don Harmon wrote:

                    > We are offering a "Limited Olympics Group Buy" of our HPS Packs until August
                    > 16, 2008 for those who are looking for complete LiFePO4 battery packs. This offer expires
                    > on August 16, 2008 and will not be available after that.
                    >
                    > This offer is based on a minimum of (6) HPS Pack orders and you can
                    > take 20% off of the Retail Price of the pack during this special
                    > offer. See our website: www.lifebatt.com for details on the product.
                    > This is not a spam post, and if it violates any of the rules, we
                    > apologize in advance ? Couldn't find a suitable category to post it in?

                    An order of six or more units is basically a dealer order. A 20% dealer
                    discount for such an expensive purchase is not a good price even for a
                    standard offer, let alone a "special group buy."

                    This is an especially poor discount for new technologies, as
                    competition drives down the prices of new technologies quite quickly.
                    The dealer risks having units on the shelf that will have a retail value
                    well below what the dealer had paid.

                    The group buy Joshua had put together from Headway, after
                    negotiations with LifeBatt had broken down, is costing me about half,
                    for a single purchase, of what LifeBatt is now offering for a six-unit
                    minimum.

                    -ds

                    > Shipping is FOB, Taiwan by UPS and will be added to your order.
                    > This offer is for complete HPS Packs and has nothing to do with loose cells.
                    > Simply download the Purchase Order form on our website: http://www.lifebatt.com/lb_po.pdf
                    > and email or fax it over with your order. Delivery time is approx. two weeks from receipt of
                    > payment which is by Master or Visa card. We will also accept Bank wire transfers.
                    > No personal checks or PayPal, sorry.
                    >
                    > Best,
                    >
                    > Don Harmon
                    >
                    > LiFeBATT, Inc.
                    >
                    > www.lifebatt.com
                    > don@...
                  • Don Harmon
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 22, 2008
                      Grab them if you can - they look like LiFeBATT old Greenies. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMaI73hSv7I

                      Don

                      wrote:

                      > I take it you think this is a good price for 4 Cells---> it sorta
                      okay if it
                      > sells at $161.00 but if it went to $180.00 the price is no longer
                      worth
                      > buying them.
                      >

                      > joshua goldberg
                      >
                      > evsolutions@...
                      >
                      > www.evsolutions.net

                      7/22/2008
                      > 6:00 AM

                    • dustymadox
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 23, 2008
                        I thought that YOU said that you were the only US dealer or or the
                        only company to sell this large format lifepo4 cell in the US ?
                        wrote:

                        > Grab them if you can - they look like LiFeBATT old Greenies.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMaI73hSv7I

                        > Don

                      • Don Harmon
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 23, 2008
                          The old "Greenies" were made originally for LiFeBATT. So yes, they are the only 40138 Cell in the world. LiFeBATT now owns the original mfg. of these cells. Their may be clones coming along soon from China, so stay tuned, but they will NOT be of the same spec.

                          Best,

                          Don Harmon

                          wrote:

                          > Grab them if you can - they look like LiFeBATT old Greenies.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMaI73hSv7I

                          > Don

                        • Gary
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 23, 2008

                            Make sure you know who you are dealing with!
                          • dustymadox
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 23, 2008
                              Your competition Is moving in rather fast.
                              LiFePO4 Cylindrical Cell (40138)
                              Yesa Co., Ltd. (Shenzhen)
                              We are a taiwan based leading battery manufacturer and distributor,
                              our main office is in Shenzhen China now, with branch in Taiwan and
                              sales office in Japan.
                              http://tinyurl.com/5gl3ef
                              http://www.lithiumtech.com/341450HE.pdf

                              Date:
                              > > 7/22/2008
                              > > > 6:00 AM

                            • dustymadox
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 23, 2008
                                This item sold to dpixgoby for US $127.50.

                                Sorry - not if I want to pay for the cells - $121.95 is below my
                                cost.

                                For ebikes - especially those drawing more than 20A - I highly
                                recommend the folks at TPPacks. I use their LVC board and will use
                                their new BMS board. Other boards are available from the Pacific Rim.
                                Some are low power, some designed for larger and/or smaller cells.
                                I'm still looking and testing to increase the list but so far I think
                                the TPPacks boards are in the lead for 40138 cells.

                                I'm supplying cells to folks that want to make custom packs. Yes -
                                you can split the pack and arrange them as you wish. The 48V packs
                                I'm using are bolted to fiberglass boards - similar to printed
                                circuit boards without the copper. The cells can be spaced around and
                                connected with wire and ring terminals. They can be connected end to
                                end with screw-on spacers and dropped in a tube. A 10A charger will
                                work fine and give a very fast charge, but may cost some battery life
                                long term. Longest life will be with a charge rate of 20% capacity -
                                C/2. I'm using multiple 2A chargers and stacking them to get higher
                                current. 10A in doesn't stay there long - within minutes it's down to
                                8, then 6, as the charge tapers off. Balancing takes the longest
                                time. For my lab packs, I use a bunch of 2A single sell chargers
                                instead of string charging and don't need to balance as it's
                                automatic.

                                While I'd certainly sell cells - and would be happy to support a
                                fellow small business owner any way I can - I'm not in the pack
                                business at this point. You might consider checking in with the folks
                                in Taiwan and China as they're making all shapes and sizes of packs -
                                many with wiring, chargers, and BMS. They'll certainly be less
                                expensive per pack than low-volume packs made by hand in the US.

                                Take a look at the packs offered by Yesa as an example. I've
                                personally talked with and bought from Yesa and my experience has
                                been good. Maybe check with them for your custom pack.
                                www.yesa.com.cn/product_pack.asp
                                Andy
                                bawh
                                wrote:

                                > I take it you think this is a good price for 4 Cells---> it sorta
                                okay if it
                                > sells at $161.00 but if it went to $180.00 the price is no longer
                                worth
                                > buying them.
                                >

                                > joshua goldberg
                                >
                                > evsolutions@...
                                >
                                > www.evsolutions.net

                                7/22/2008
                                > 6:00 AM

                              • Gary
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jul 24, 2008
                                  There is a much better deal available from :

                                  joshua goldberg

                                  evsolutions@...

                                  www.evsolutions.net

                                  This offer is good until Aug 10. Price is reported to be HALF of what
                                  Harmon is charging and you only have to order ONE!!